Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please don't take this the wrong way because I truly hope you find something that works great for you, but with one-handed shooting I would say that training is far more important than the pistol you choose. Semi-auto, revolver, whatever you end up with, I believe real training will be the most impactful decision... Good luck!

Sarres

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please don't take this the wrong way because I truly hope you find something that works great for you, but with one-handed shooting I would say that training is far more important than the pistol you choose. Semi-auto, revolver, whatever you end up with, I believe real training will be the most impactful decision... Good luck!
No of course not I'm or seeing if anyone more experience than me would have a recommendation are you still going a lot when I was younger before I lost my arm so I'm not completely inexperienced and I do plan on going to the range a lot more once I get my own gun

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think a revolver. Or if you really want a semi auto, I would think one of the S&W EZ models, but I can't imagine how one would load a magazine with one hand. I guess it could be done by placing it on a table or bench and manipulating the rounds with the same hand, but those mags would be much easier to insert rounds into than most mags.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think a revolver. Or if you really want a semi auto, I would think one of the S&W EZ models, but I can't imagine how one would load a magazine with one hand. I guess it could be done by placing it on a table or bench and manipulating the rounds with the same hand, but those mags would be much easier to insert rounds into than most mags.
A revolver would be my choice with speed loaders. I have practiced one handed shooting and reloading with speed loaders and belt loops with a revolver. A semi auto is tougher especially if there is any malfunction.

You can have a special belt ride holder made for your revolver to hold it while you are reloading or just stick the ejector rod into your pants or belt. The HKS type speed loaders are more secure if you drop one but you have to twist the knob to release the shells.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think one of the Beretta .380s with the tip up barrel might be a good choice. If someone would load up several mags with ammo for you, then the rest would be easier than a revolver or any other semiauto pistol. You wouldn't need to rack a slide or fumble with loose rounds trying to load a revolver.

Latest posts

Top Bottom