Questions about a 18 year old minor charge and getting my self defense act licence

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

six shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When i was 15 i got a protective order against me . My brother was the one that was in the fight but i was with him so it shows up on my record . It was dropped not to long after and now the guy that we got into a fight with is now one of our best friends and was at the time also.lol Long story .

Will this affect me getting my SDAL (CCW) licence ? It says on the app you have to fill out that mark if u have had a final victim protection order put on u. Is that the same as a protection order? Mind you this happened 18 years ago and i was 14 or 15 cant really remember. Thanks

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you go to court and actually have someone testify in front of a judge against you? If so then you had a final protective order. If it was issued by a police officer then it was temporary.

Beyond that I don't know how it all works with juvenile cases.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When in doubt, list it on the application and let OSBI sort it out. Since its so old, it doesn't appear to fit the Mandatory or Other preclusions.

six shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok found out yesterday that i was never served and that the plaintiff never went threw with it . But back then they did not have computers all it says online is dismissed see non computer documents . So i email the osbi and am waiting on a reply . Thinking about answers no ( because i haven't ) and going and getting the paper work to prove it and stick it in the app.

Latest posts

Top Bottom