Questions about suppressors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been intrigued into getting a suppressor of some type.

I was told by getting one you will give up some rights?

What does it cost to get into a supressor, say for a 300BO or maybe an ar in .45acp?
What does a decent suppressor run? what does the process cost?

Just gathering info for now to see if this is something id like to try./

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just remember you have to go thru the same process to sell it as you do to buy it.
I remember when I was in the business, the sheer numbers of people who thought only the original purchaser had to register it.
Then subsequent buyers were cash and carry. Was amazing.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i heard about giving up some rights, ie, they can come to your house to see the suppressor without warrant ?

Been reading on the silencer shop and think it answered most of my questions. thanks!
Don't quote me on this but you might look further into it to clarify...I think the above only applies to people that are a class III FFL or maybe have an SOT license to manufacture. The ATF can show up at anytime to verify inventory.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep in mind that a suppressor has many hands in the pie. The manufacturer gets a piece, the selling dealer, the transfering dealer, and the price of the stamp.
If you want your local gun dealer to get a part of that pie, deal through them and not directly through the silencer shop. You can find a list of dealers by logging on the the silencer shop and finding their partners around the state.
Your transfer dealer can also be your person that you buy it through so they get a double shot of the money your spending.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You only have to notify BATFE for SBRs, SBSs and machine guns not for suppressors though.

If you’re crossing state lines with any of the items, it also has to be legal to possess in the state you’re traveling to. It’s best to have the “permission” form with you plus your Form-1 or 4 that your item is registered under. If you get stopped for any reason, it can save you a lot of problems. A lot of LE are not gun enthusiasts and have never seen any of the forms related to Title II items.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom