Quick check of optic at ardmore range 3/1/17

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a few minutes to run by the range in Ardmore to check my zero on the newly installed Vortex Venom on my Glock 19.
10 yards four rounds using aluminum federal 115 grain ammo.
Shooting off my bag so don't get the idea I'm getting that good....Ha!
Did a few free hand but I thought I saved the picture in my camera but not.
Fair but pulling shots an inch or so low left.
Hate the glock grip.
Ardmore Glock March 1 1017.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a few minutes to run by the range in Ardmore to check my zero on the newly installed Vortex Venom on my Glock 19.
10 yards four rounds using aluminum federal 115 grain ammo.
Shooting off my bag so don't get the idea I'm getting that good....Ha!
Did a few free hand but I thought I saved the picture in my camera but not.
Fair but pulling shots an inch or so low left.
Hate the glock grip.
View attachment 97699
v10.JPG Maybe if I add this.....

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whats in pic #2? I cant tell. I have two you should shoot. They are a little different than factory. How do you like the venom? I looked at one today.
The 2nd picture is the Glock 19 Gen 4 I put the Vortex Venom on. I really like the venom. 3 moa and great window in the red dot. Got a real good deal from Optics planet and Steve in Minco did a great job milling the slide.
Pulled the beaver tail back strap off today and it helped but I just hate the way the finger groves fit my hand and the angle of the grip is just odd to me. Puts my trigger finger in an odd position that I could work out with practice.
Had put a different trigger in, but think I will go back to the factory.
Anyway, the Vortex Venom is great. Sits a bit higher than the Trijicon, but not much. Plus it a 1/3 of the cost. Great adjustments and stays perfectly on zero.
Anytime you want to shoot it let me know. Taking it to the ENS for everyone to look at and shoot.
I have a thread that has pictures of the install here.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have to get your slide altered to be able to mount that? (Sorry for my ignorance.) I have a G27 and was contemplating mounting my Sig Romeo 3 to it when I upgrade the AR optical in a few months. What does that usually run to get that done?
Do you have to get your slide altered to be able to mount that? (Sorry for my ignorance.) I have a G27 and was contemplating mounting my Sig Romeo 3 to it when I upgrade the AR optical in a few months. What does that usually run to get that done?
Steve at MKP arms in Minco did mine. It had to be milled out and had it milled for the Vortex venom so no plates. I paid $75.00 to get it milled and he did a great job. It's perfect.
Have pictures on a couple of threads here that have my slide before and the install of it. You can get an adapter that fits in your normal sight but I know nothing about it or how solid it is. I got a cover plate to go with it that I can put on if I ever want to pull the vortex off and just run the iron sights. Will probably put suppressor sights on later for co-witness. Planning on adding the threaded barrel and a suppressor as well.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 2nd picture is the Glock 19 Gen 4 I put the Vortex Venom on. I really like the venom. 3 moa and great window in the red dot. Got a real good deal from Optics planet and Steve in Minco did a great job milling the slide.
Pulled the beaver tail back strap off today and it helped but I just hate the way the finger groves fit my hand and the angle of the grip is just odd to me. Puts my trigger finger in an odd position that I could work out with practice.
Had put a different trigger in, but think I will go back to the factory.
Anyway, the Vortex Venom is great. Sits a bit higher than the Trijicon, but not much. Plus it a 1/3 of the cost. Great adjustments and stays perfectly on zero.
Anytime you want to shoot it let me know. Taking it to the ENS for everyone to look at and shoot.
I have a thread that has pictures of the install here.

Vortex's are nice. I have a G27 Gen 4 and I don't use the back straps. They don't seem to stay on. The best upgrade I did was adding the pierce magazine extenders. Complete pain in the ass with out them.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I almost went with the vortex but opted to try the Sig out as it got good reviews and they're fairly new to the optics game. Though if I did it all over I would have just sprung for the EOTECH and not been such a penny pincher.

Latest posts

Top Bottom