Quick Hog Hunt with the 450 Bushmaster!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like no pass-through?

Sometimes small and fast beat big and slow (just not in the bedroom) :D.

There is a real advantage to the 450 Bushmaster regarding its ability to push through vegetation that other cartridges will deflect more easily on. I really got some first-hand experience with that 16 months ago when I caught a touch of greenbriar with my .243 and completely missed the largest buck of my life. Plus some states restrict firearms use to straight-walled cartridges for hunting, so the 450BM has a nod there too.

Bullet construction is another important factor.

However the most important factor is that results are just going to vary a lot with tough animals like hogs. I wouldn't get too down on the cartridge yet. It always seems when I'm informally testing bullets on hogs that I'll have a big boar that needs 4-6 hits to die. Next one drops like a sack of crap. Give it a dozen hogs or so and we can start to get an idea of trends.

Great video OP. Best of luck on your next.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like no pass-through?

I wouldn't get too down on the cartridge yet. It always seems when I'm informally testing bullets on hogs that I'll have a big boar that needs 4-6 hits to die. Next one drops like a sack of crap. Give it a dozen hogs or so and we can start to get an idea of trends.

Great video OP. Best of luck on your next.
Thank you sir, I will definitely be trying this rifle out on more hogs in the future. Also there was no pass through from this round.

Latest posts

Top Bottom