Quick range day with the Ruger Precision 6.5 creedmoor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sick of not shooting so ran to the range with 2 boxes of Hornady Black 140 gr for my RP 6.5 creedmoor at 200 yds. Haven't shot in a bit and when I fouled the bore a few of the shots stayed high which is great. Adjusted and got it in the xring. High group is my fouling the bore. The one shot that is in the middle of no target....was me getting high and low mixed up. (public school.....what can I say). Got it with a couple low and a couple close right then hammered the X-ring.
It was fun but getting a bit windy. Not enough to change the trajectory of the round so the misses were me.
Oct at the range.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Good shooting. I’ve been going past 100 yards for everyday practice myself. Most everyone shoots at a 100 and calls it good. It’s been an eye opener with some guns. They’ll print all over the place past 100.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This gun is made to go distance and I try to zero at 200 yards. Makes a difference at 1k 1.5K yds. Still need to get the feel of the gun and your body working together. That's why this ammo run makes it hard to do any consistency
shooting. I've got some lead ingots coming in Monday from a pal and I'll reload all of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom