Radiator repair shops around Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do any of you have experience with radiator repair shops around Tulsa? I’d like to have the original radiator in an older vehicle cleaned and repaired. I’m sure that I could order a replacement cheaper, but I’d like to see if the old one can be fixed.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa Radiator did a heater core on a 55 F100 for me but that was about 25 years ago. There was a guy who did a desoto radiator on 11th about a two years ago and although the job was acceptable im pretty sure he is running a drug den or theft ring out of the place.

Not a ton of help but its what I got

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used Midwest Radiator to repair an old ford tractor radiator. The cap neck broke off and they brazed a new one. I had them clean the radiator as well. They did a great job. From the looks of the place, I think they've been around for a hundred years. I would use them again.

http://midwestradiatorshop.com/
They did the work cheaper than I could be a chymese replacement. I wanted to keep the original radiator either way.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used Midwest Radiator to repair an old ford tractor radiator. The cap neck broke off and they brazed a new one. I had them clean the radiator as well. They did a great job. From the looks of the place, I think they've been around for a hundred years. I would use them again.

http://midwestradiatorshop.com/
They did the work cheaper than I could be a chymese replacement. I wanted to keep the original radiator either way.

Plus 1 for these guys. They've done heater cores as well as radiators for me.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update: I don’t think Midwest is open any longer. Their location listed on the website is for sale. I drove out there without calling ahead like a dummy.

I decided to roll the dice and take it to Broken Arrow Radiator and Muffler. The gentleman that does the radiator repairs is in his 80s and seems to know his stuff. I’ll know more when I get the radiator back and give another update in a few days.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have ordered custom built radiators from detroit radiator, if you got the top & bottom tank they can build about any type core you want, they don't advertise their custom radiators as much as they used to,

https://detroitradiatorcorp.com/

I appreciate the tip. Unfortunately, the radiator that I have was too far gone for a good cleaning. It will need to be recored to be put back into service. Like everything else it’s not an inexpensive repair.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate the tip. Unfortunately, the radiator that I have was too far gone for a good cleaning. It will need to be recored to be put back into service. Like everything else it’s not an inexpensive repair.
detroit radiator can make you a core, they dont advertise there custom shop much anymore, think it has to do with all the diesel shops buying detroit radiators then claiming they have some proprietary radiator that cost about 500% more than a radiator directly from detroit radiator

ssx2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For future reference:

I've used "Broken Arrow Muffler and Radiator" on Kenosha to re-core a leaky clogged up radiator out of a Jeep CJ5 with a V8 swap. Re-coring old school Harrison radiators is becoming a lost art, he even added an additional core to increase cooling cap. The price was very reasonable and turn around was next day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom