Radio equipment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So first and foremost I know pretty much nothing when it comes to radio equipment. In my younger years I helped my grandfather install equipment in local police cars for the city and basically was just the handy helper getting tools and such as needed or helping splice wires. Those times have come and gone and I recently had a garage sale and found all this equipment in a cabinet. No idea what's it's worth if anything. Just curious if anyone here might know something about it or maybe other places to possibly list it for sale or if it has any value at all.

uploadfromtaptalk1471267301319.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1471267313749.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1471267325451.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1471267335140.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't say that I know much about them either. Your pictures look like a base type radio with a power supply and desk mike. Handheld radio and charger.

Just a guess, but I'd say those radios were retired years ago. The frequencies are probably in a restricted public service band and would require a license to operate.

Modern radios are digital, trunked and encrypted to keep people like me with scanners from listening to what's going on.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a ham radio operator. You can Google ge mls radios and get info on them. It would depend on the frequencies of the radios whether they would be of any value to hams who would use
them on repeaters. The Astron power supply would be of some value if it works. I have one on one of my ham radios. Check with a ham in Owasso or get in touch with the Tulsa Repeater group
or a ham radio club and see what they say.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Astron power supply can be bought for $110 brand new so your price to sell it will have to take that into account.

The GE MLS mobile/base radio is being sold for $80 on e-Bay right now in a UHF version. The handheld is likely a brick due to an old battery that probably can't be replaced easily.

Here's an article that can help you decipher the model number to figure out what you have: http://www.repeater-builder.com/ge/mls-mls2/mls2-overview.html

Good luck! PM me if you want to sell the power supply at a reasonable price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom