Rain for days.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210518-214539_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20210522-084834_Google.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like my place might still be accessible if the local rain totals are right, but the real problem with my place is usually caused by what happens up stream. Rain west and in Kansas is the game changer.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any leads would be appreciated..
I don't get over to your part of the state. Do you usually see combines in June in your area? Do you see trucks that drive back and forth from fields to the elevator. (Usually big and white or galvanized cylinders) Talk to the guys in the fields (during harvest, it is a limited time).

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any wheat I'm familiar with was grazed, I'll keep my eye open, when is the usual harvest period, I'll have to keep on the look out for gone gold fields and keep in touch with Shawnee mill..

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any wheat I'm familiar with was grazed, I'll keep my eye open, when is the usual harvest period, I'll have to keep on the look out for gone gold fields and keep in touch with Shawnee mill..
If you find some wheat, you could load up a couple clean dry totes and have someone fill them. I’ve never done it and am not sure exactly how easy it would be to get out, but I read about guys doing it with bulk corn.:anyone:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, the graze wheat here as well. They will pull cattle off at first hollow stem if they are going to harvest the wheat for grain, otherwise they may graze it out.
Wheat harvest is in June. Starts down SW OK and moves north.
Retriever is correct, many farmers will deal with you if you show up with money in hand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom