Raising a greenhouse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bacon seeds?

Awesome greenhouse.

Son and is have tried 3. A small one for starting seeds was fairly success. 2nd had several producing plants, until snow and ice accumulation collapsed the frame. 3rd was gone with the wind. 104 mph straight line was more than it could stand.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
A farm boy graduates from Texas A&M and starts his own chicken farm. He buys three dozen chicks, plants them in the ground feet first, waters and fertilizes them. Much to his dismay, the chickens die. He buys three dozen more chicks and plants them in the ground head first. After water and fertilization, these chickens die even faster. After that, the confused farmer writes his school and tells what happened.

The next week, a letter arrives from Texas A&M:

Dear Farmer,
Please send soil sample.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A farm boy graduates from Texas A&M and starts his own chicken farm. He buys three dozen chicks, plants them in the ground feet first, waters and fertilizes them. Much to his dismay, the chickens die. He buys three dozen more chicks and plants them in the ground head first. After water and fertilization, these chickens die even faster. After that, the confused farmer writes his school and tells what happened.

The next week, a letter arrives from Texas A&M:

Dear Farmer,
Please send soil sample.
Wrong thread
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/raising-chickens-online-course-20-osu.332733/#post-3782714

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it will have 2 intakes at one end and an exhaust fan on the opposite end. intakes are down low and exhaust is up high, both are connected with a sensor to open and close at a set temperature.

the roll up side are for milder days to conserve electricity and power outages. it's a solar oven if you can't let heat out. the taller the better to get heat away from the plants. The exhaust fan will only work with the sides down to pull air through. The vents need sized for the sq footage. He'll have to research that.

The second greenhouse is totally off electric. It gets hot but I'n not putting vents in. Only the tall one is connected to electricity. shade cloth needs to be 40-50 percent shade. any darker and it restricts sunlight too much. any lower and it lets too much sun in and gets hotter inside. get the type that doesn't unravel if torn. I use shade cloth store on the internet, they seem to have to best prices and shipping is cheap compared to greenhouse sellers.
Great information. Thanks! I'll certainly pass it along.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got the poly on, still a few things to do.i have window screen on the frame for the intake.
IMG_20220522_163952696_HDR.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All you need now is your pot growing permit, and you’ll really be in business. :rollingla

Seriously, that’s a great looking green house, and I appreciate you sharing the particulars of it.:thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom