Raising chickens online course $20 OSU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
i was referring to this course.
So was I
do other courses provide a certificate of completion? proof that the city demands?
Some do, maybe some don't. It's irrelevant, because according to the city, you only need to provide proof that you took a 2 hour course to obtain your permit. Not certs.
This is what the city requires:
  • Any person applying for a permit must provide proof to the City Clerk of satisfactory completion of a class/course regarding the proper care and raising of chickens in an urban setting. Classes must be at least two hours in length.
then the city requires a one time fee of 25 dollars to certify you to own a few chickens. it is still a tax.
So, permits are not certifications...they are permissions (permit/permitting) to let you do something within the city jurisdictions...damn laws and sh*t. However, the permit fee of $25 I would agree is a tax. But the OSU course is not a tax. At all. By any measure.
enjoy your new freedom to own chickens permitted to you by the city. over
I don't live in the city so I'm good. Out.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s interesting I wasn’t aware that some cities required a short class for a chicken permit. Kind of makes sense though I guess. Hell I wish people were required to take a class and get a permit to own pitbulls.

The way things are going with supply chain issues and food stuff, I bet there’s a lot more people wanting to learn about things like keeping chickens. Maybe there is a potential small side business in there somewhere

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep ‘em warm with a heat lamp while small, until they’re fully feathered. Have water and feed always available to them. Build a sufficient enclosure predators can’t get into. Keep their area dry, and clean the manure out once a month.

There ya go, a chicken course... where’s my $20? Gosh I wish I could make easy money teaching city slickers how to keep the easiest farm animal that exists.

I’m glad these type of things are out there for people who need it though
Empty once a month in a brooder and see what happens.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, here it is.

A farm boy graduates from Texas A&M and starts his own chicken farm. He buys three dozen chicks, plants them in the ground feet first, waters and fertilizes them. Much to his dismay, the chickens die. He buys three dozen more chicks and plants them in the ground head first. After water and fertilization, these chickens die even faster. After that, the confused farmer writes his school and tells what happened.

The next week, a letter arrives from Texas A&M:

Dear Farmer,
Please send soil sample.

Latest posts

Top Bottom