Raising gun purchasing age to 21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
we have no one to blame but ourselves
www.azquotes.com_picture_quotes_quote_the_government_you_elect1d08dc23528da12b6f1044059e799366.jpg

I'm pretty sure ol' TJ had no idea how warped so many voters would become. :/
I think the founding fathers knew exactly how warped voters would become.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a video series called "The Truth Project," which is about a Christian worldview. In that video, it was told of how a college professor gave his law students assignments from The Federalist Papers. The students came back and stated that the Federalist Papers were very hard to read, so the professor explained to them that those papers were written to the educational level of the common American farmer of that time.

So, yeah, I think the founding fathers had a good idea of what could happen, and that is why they wrote the Declaration, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights as they did.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a video series called "The Truth Project," which is about a Christian worldview. In that video, it was told of how a college professor gave his law students assignments from The Federalist Papers. The students came back and stated that the Federalist Papers were very hard to read, so the professor explained to them that those papers were written to the educational level of the common American farmer of that time.

So, yeah, I think the founding fathers had a good idea of what could happen, and that is why they wrote the Declaration, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights as they did.
May I ask what you are implying? Did they have a hard time reading the Federalist papers because it was old English, cursive or maybe you are implying the students are are not intelligent enough?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let’s shift the whole system to one where no rights are “granted” until you earn citizenship through some sort of voluntary service ala Starship Troopers lol....

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Age may not be the indicator, I know some 40 yr olds that don't have the maturity of a 16 yr old.

And what about emotional or cognitive maturity? Simply reaching the age of 21 doesn’t make one automatically have good judgment. Perhaps we should, in addition to being 21, require those who wish to purchase a firearm to take a series of psychological profile examinations to include the opinion of a licensed Pyschiatrist as to the individual’s mental fitness to own a gun. Certainly, if you can get a professional to sign off on a document stating that you are absolutely no risk then we can all be assured that those who DO have a gun will never commit a crime with it. Yeah! Then if a person who has been so approved DID in the future commit a crime, we could hold the Psychiatrist accountable as well! Yeah! Now; how many of you psychiatrists out there will participate? None? Really? How about you insurance companies who write malpractice policies and such? How many of you will insure the doctor against a future gun owner possibly committing a crime? None? Really? Welp, this would solve the problem then. Nobody will be allowed to buy a gun anymore! But that’s okay because...
cc951fed277f359d781292bc14605248.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May I ask what you are implying? Did they have a hard time reading the Federalist papers because it was old English, cursive or maybe you are implying the students are are not intelligent enough?

I'm not implying anything, just stating what was said in the video. Speculation on my part would be that they had issues with the old english. I'm presuming some here, but I suspect that they read printed issues of the Papers.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not implying anything, just stating what was said in the video. Speculation on my part would be that they had issues with the old english. I'm presuming some here, but I suspect that they read printed issues of the Papers.
I was wanting to understand why they had a hard time. What part. That is all. The part about how this is how all farmers of the time were. That kind of made me think that it was a jab at the students studying it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom