Ramp and electric wheel chair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any connections to a non profit that might build a ramp off my porch. Have seen on TV where volunteers have built ramps for vets but no idea who to get in touch with. Have some money but not enough to have it built. Can probably find an electric wheel chair on CraigsList I can afford.

Looks like this is going to hang around for quite sometime, would really like to be able to get into my old office where my 3D printers re at and make it easier to get to the car. I do have a couple nice guns I could sell or use for barter.

Any help would be appreciated.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where are you located and have you searched the web? Lots of help available for seniors. If you are on Medicare, try to get your doc to prescribe one. If you are able to walk a little an electric scooter might be a better option. They do better outdoors than most electric wheelchairs.

If you need a cane or quad cane let me know. I have several left from our business. If you need it and have a steel bathtub, I also have a tub mount grab bar to help you in and out.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't go do something crazy like sell your guns or barter with them. I'm no carpenter but if you can't find a non profit to build a ramp then I bet we could find some drawings online and build one at your place. I'm a long way from Catoosa but can donate a Saturday or Sunday to help.

Let me know what you find on CL or FB Marketplace regarding an electric wheelchair or scooter. Might be able to help.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback gang, I don't do facebook but several scooters on GL look affordable. The ramp would be the hard part and scooter would be worthless without a ramp, Not sure what to search for to find someone to build it.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback gang, I don't do facebook but several scooters on GL look affordable. The ramp would be the hard part and scooter would be worthless without a ramp, Not sure what to search for to find someone to build it.
Worthless without a ramp? Nah, they move pretty fast so figure you'd get part way up the first step when the wheel catches then you should bounce off third step and skid right up to the front door! Kidding of course. Sending you a PM.

Latest posts

Top Bottom