Ramp and electric wheel chair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I am having no luck finding anything in that area. I know Tulsa must have a tom of them but I can not seem to find them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any connections to a non profit that might build a ramp off my porch. Have seen on TV where volunteers have built ramps for vets but no idea who to get in touch with. Have some money but not enough to have it built. Can probably find an electric wheel chair on CraigsList I can afford.

Looks like this is going to hang around for quite sometime, would really like to be able to get into my old office where my 3D printers re at and make it easier to get to the car. I do have a couple nice guns I could sell or use for barter.

Any help would be appreciated.
Contact your local Ambucs. They build ramps for anyone disabled. Veteran or not. My son who is wheel chair bound and not a veteran got one built for him by the local chapter.
http://www.programsforelderly.com/housing-ambucs-free-wheelchair-ramp-access-ramp.php

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are great I will get this sorted out and we can go from there.

I didn't measure the porch, and 4 to 5 feet was just a guess, probably more like 3 to 4 feet.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found an interesting site.

https://www.okramp.com/about
Ramps for Oklahomans

The Oklahoma Ramps Project is a 501(c)3 nonprofit community-based organization that brings together volunteers to 'Build independence for those in Need'. Project volunteers build wheelchair ramps for the low-income disabled. The Ramps Project got its start in Texas thirty years ago. In 2011, it was adopted by the Kiwanis Club of South Oklahoma City. According to Michael Starega, Oklahoma Founder and project manager: We're in partnership with the Texas Ramp Project, local and national civics organizations, national and local businesses, and others. Currently, we're in the Oklahoma City and Tulsa areas. However, our goal is to spread to cities and towns across the state."

The Oklahoma Ramps Project is a volunteer-staffed, 501(c)(3) non-profit, non-denominational, non-governmental organization. We rely on individuals, foundations, congregations, civic organizations, and corporate partners to provide the funding, materials, and facilities for our work.

The Oklahoma Ramps Project helps satisfy the need for quality wheelchair ramps. Our ramps are constructed following an on-site survey using a modular design to ensure compliance with ADA specifications. The ramp is truly a gift fully funded by donations. There is NO cost to the client. Family members and friends are encouraged to help during construction.

If you or someone you know needs the gift of independence, have a health care professional or social service agency contact If you are interested in volunteering, want to make a donation, or have an organization that is interested in becoming part of the Oklahoma Ramps Project, please contact us.

Where we Build​

Our primary volunteer base is located around the Oklahoma City and Tulsa metropolitan areas.

As such, we can currently only build ramps in Canadian, Cleveland, Creek, Logan, Oklahoma, Osage, and Tulsa counties. Live somewhere else and need a ramp? Send us a note!

OKcountiesServed.png

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found an interesting site.

https://www.okramp.com/about
Ramps for Oklahomans

The Oklahoma Ramps Project is a 501(c)3 nonprofit community-based organization that brings together volunteers to 'Build independence for those in Need'. Project volunteers build wheelchair ramps for the low-income disabled. The Ramps Project got its start in Texas thirty years ago. In 2011, it was adopted by the Kiwanis Club of South Oklahoma City. According to Michael Starega, Oklahoma Founder and project manager: We're in partnership with the Texas Ramp Project, local and national civics organizations, national and local businesses, and others. Currently, we're in the Oklahoma City and Tulsa areas. However, our goal is to spread to cities and towns across the state."

The Oklahoma Ramps Project is a volunteer-staffed, 501(c)(3) non-profit, non-denominational, non-governmental organization. We rely on individuals, foundations, congregations, civic organizations, and corporate partners to provide the funding, materials, and facilities for our work.

The Oklahoma Ramps Project helps satisfy the need for quality wheelchair ramps. Our ramps are constructed following an on-site survey using a modular design to ensure compliance with ADA specifications. The ramp is truly a gift fully funded by donations. There is NO cost to the client. Family members and friends are encouraged to help during construction.

If you or someone you know needs the gift of independence, have a health care professional or social service agency contact If you are interested in volunteering, want to make a donation, or have an organization that is interested in becoming part of the Oklahoma Ramps Project, please contact us.

Where we Build​

Our primary volunteer base is located around the Oklahoma City and Tulsa metropolitan areas.

As such, we can currently only build ramps in Canadian, Cleveland, Creek, Logan, Oklahoma, Osage, and Tulsa counties. Live somewhere else and need a ramp? Send us a note!

OKcountiesServed.png
That is who I was looking for but could not remember the name for some stupid reason.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Give this goose a gander. Looks like you might be taken care of, service connected or not.

Specially Adapted Housing Program
https://www.benefits.va.gov/BENEFITS/factsheets/homeloans/SAHFactsheet.pdf
If anything, it’s worth hollering at them to see what you might qualify for if it doesn’t sound like any of that stuff will help.
copied off the web site..
Veterans and Service members with specific service-connected disabilities may be
eligible. You must be entitled to disability compensation due to:
• Loss or loss of use of both legs
o Unable to move around without the aid of braces, crutches, canes or a
wheelchair
o Blindness in both eyes with 20/200 visual acuity or less in the better eye with
use of a corrective lens
• Loss of loss of use of one leg, and:
o Residuals of organic disease or injury OR
o Loss or loss of use of one arm, affecting balance and ability to move without aid
• Loss or loss of use of both arms at or above the elbows
• Severe burn injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom