Rand Paul: Shooters Aren’t Shooting Up the Sheriff’s Office & Hypocritical Hollywood Gun Haters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd suggest the good Senator should book an appointment at the White House to make that case since it appears they are falling into the "we must do something" category, again.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd suggest the good Senator should book an appointment at the White House to make that case since it appears they are falling into the "we must do something" category, again.

When the solution is actually “we should undo something,” namely the gun free school zones act of whatever year.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the solution is actually “we should undo something,” namely the gun free school zones act of whatever year.
it is a good place to start, but the events will just shift to a different location, which will still effect the groups of people. Carrying guns in school is not going to do anymore good than gun control. The events will shift to the school bus, then the bus stop, then to the mall, parking lots, or parties.
If we are only worried about making schools safe, then armed teachers and parents is the solution. However, if we are worried about making our children safe we need to fix the uncontrolled self-promotion ideology that is causing the problem.

Last edited:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...snip... fix the uncontrolled self-promotion ideology that is causing the problem.

Says the guy with the blatantly self-promoting racist sig line. :pms2: Yeah, I'll take thar advice to heart and start practicing it daily.:thanku:

How about school administrators and teachers actively address bullying instead of passing the buck and looking the other way?

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Says the guy with the blatantly self-promoting racist sig line. :pms2: Yeah, I'll take thar advice to heart and start practicing it daily.:thanku:

How about school administrators and teachers actively address bullying instead of passing the buck and looking the other way?
Hell the teachers are probably having a relationship with the bullies

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell the teachers are probably having a relationship with the bullies

According to some accounts there was plenty of bullying being done by some teachers. If so, I woulx hope some criminal charges and jail time would be forthcoming but with the world being what it is I suspect they will continue to "shape young minds" while this young man goes on to prison and winds up commiting suicide at some time in the future. Don't get me wrong. I am in no way condoning what he did, just, as that kid who was always on the outside looking in, who no one liked and who was either invisible -- or made a shining example of who you did NOT want to turn out to be like -- depending on what kind of mood my parents, classmates or teachers happened to be in at any particular moment in time -- understand completely why did acted out the way he did. If I hadn't had a plan in place to get out -- and literally been working on it since I'd been a freshman -- I might have done exactly what he did. The fact that I always felt like leaving everything behind and leaving them all to turn on themselves (which in adulthood they've done exactly that) seemed to me to be the best revenge.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya know, seems to be a sign of the times. You don't like them, ignore them used to be the norm. Now if you don't like them people feel obligated to bully them, torment them, and personally attack them.

Seems that can Piz some people off after a while to where they do radical things. Never a good ending.

We have enough problems with real life pressures, drugs, and dishonest people. Adding un needed aggravation does not help.

Yep very bad situation with no easy healing or easy real answer for prevention.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Annie, I don’t usually disagree with much of what you have to say, but I’m honestly not seeing where his sig line is “racist.” Shamelessly self promoting, absolutely yes, but “racist” I don’t see. Can you elaborate please?

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Annie, I don’t usually disagree with much of what you have to say, but I’m honestly not seeing where his sig line is “racist.” Shamelessly self promoting, absolutely yes, but “racist” I don’t see. Can you elaborate please?

Like being "tan" somehow makes him a genetically better specimen ... or have some kind of skill passed down from the spirit world ... that the white man didn't get passed along with his privilege ... or the black man with his ... ahem ... well, if I gotta tell ya that stereotype I'll do it in a PM. :blush:

I was dressed down quite a while back and informed that I could not possibly understand racism because I could never have experienced true racism because I am white. Nevermind that there is so much Native American blood in my family that of the 7 children my parents had only 2 of us looked Caucasian. Hell, both of my parents appeared more Native American than white, for that matter. Consequently, my sister and I were consistently bullied for being "palefaces" and "halfbreeds". And those were the nice names we were called. But, we weren't bullied ... or discriminated against ... or mistreated by Native Americans because well ... apparently we have some kind of special privilege we can invoke. I sure wish I'd known that 50 years ago when those ****ing Indians were throwing rocks at me and calling me names.

I am one of those really strange chicks who really does judge a man by his words and deeds and not by the color of his skin. I've got no problem admitting I played it fast and loose when I was young and childless, much like a lot of guys. Saw no reason to limit myself. How do you know what you like if you don't try everything on the buffet?? I've tasted every race, religion and just about every cult of personality out there. I'm no better than anyone else but I'm most definitely no worse. I don't care how bad some folks would like to think it is so.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom