Randall Made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Who likes Randalls? Who has them? I know there's at least one more person here besides me that likes and has them.

My first Randall...got it in 2001 and it has traveled all over planet Earth with me. Right after I retired, I chipped the blade while cleaning a deer...freak accident, it chipped cutting off a hock. Gary Randall said he could fix it so I sent it back and got it a month later...a little skinnier, more stabby looking, but still cool. It sits on the shelf now.

Before:

Chipped randall12.jpg

After:

IMG_2360.JPG

Last edited:

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice! I don't have any Randall knives, I got interested in Ralph Bone knives and have a few of those. If I come across the right one, I would definitely get it. I saw on their website the other day that it is a 5 year wait when ordering.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I nearly got one last weekend until Lottie (of Lottie Stevens Estate sales) said I never bid on that, the Al Mar knife they had or the iMac computer (that incidentally never sold). It was a weird and very disappointing situation.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who likes Randalls? Who has them? I know there's at least one more person here besides me that likes and has them.

My first Randall...got it in 2001 and it has traveled all over planet Earth with me. Right after I retired, I chipped the blade while cleaning a deer...freak accident, it chipped cutting off a hock. Gary Randall said he could fixed so I sent it back and got it a month later...a little skinnier, more stabby looking, but still cool. It sits on the shelf now.

Before:

View attachment 291883

After:

View attachment 291885
Still perfect . Damm thats nice. never ran across one.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
TY. In addition to the regrind, they gave it the "spa treatment"...basically return it to as new condition. Not the sheath though, that still looks 20 years old, they recommended to get a new sheath that fits...next task I guess.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sounds like a con job!
Yeah....I filled out three bid cards, one for each item. Then I didn't get a call on any of them. Now, two things here. I was there at 1700 when sales closed for the day and all three items were there and unsold. I was also there at 0900 the next morning and the two knives were gone, iMac was still there. So they were not sold AT the sale.

So it sounds like someone bid them right? Except Lottie herself said "I didn't call anyone about knives".

Then to make it more interesting, the iMac (2015 model, but I figured grab it cheap for my daughter to play/learn on) was there not marked as sold and Lottie said they didn't have my bid and I probably didn't submit it (while her staff that took it was literally telling her that I did).

Like, I totally get if I was outbid --- I put a low amount because I wasn't looking to drop that coin unplanned. But it just seems screwy that the knives were gone, but not sold at the estate and reportedly not sold by bid.

That was definitely a nice looking Randall Model 1 with a Micarta handle. The Al Mar was a 5005.6 or 5004.6 and also just super.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TY. In addition to the regrind, they gave it the "spa treatment"...basically return it to as new condition. Not the sheath though, that still looks 20 years old, they recommended to get a new sheath that fits...next task I guess.
New sheath? I wouldn't. That's twenty years of history there. It's nice to see a Randall that's actually been used, even if it has gotten the spa treatment.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New sheath? I wouldn't. That's twenty years of history there. It's nice to see a Randall that's actually been used, even if it has gotten the spa treatment.
From what I recall you could use the Randall site as a drinking game. Take a sip every time they state that they want their products to actually be used......

Maybe that's why it got fixed and spa'd out because they were impressed someone DID use it.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah....I filled out three bid cards, one for each item. Then I didn't get a call on any of them. Now, two things here. I was there at 1700 when sales closed for the day and all three items were there and unsold. I was also there at 0900 the next morning and the two knives were gone, iMac was still there. So they were not sold AT the sale.

So it sounds like someone bid them right? Except Lottie herself said "I didn't call anyone about knives".

Then to make it more interesting, the iMac (2015 model, but I figured grab it cheap for my daughter to play/learn on) was there not marked as sold and Lottie said they didn't have my bid and I probably didn't submit it (while her staff that took it was literally telling her that I did).

Like, I totally get if I was outbid --- I put a low amount because I wasn't looking to drop that coin unplanned. But it just seems screwy that the knives were gone, but not sold at the estate and reportedly not sold by bid.

That was definitely a nice looking Randall Model 1 with a Micarta handle. The Al Mar was a 5005.6 or 5004.6 and also just super.
Double Dealing... honest business is rare nowadays

Latest posts

Top Bottom