Random pics & chatter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That could be my issue, I was gonna hit em with OAV but was unsure on timing ( and needed to order OA). I have always ran small cell foundation and screened bottom and have been ok without treatment before, but I was also running survivor stock/ Russian hybrids.
I run all solid bottom boards and full sun exposure. I'm going to assume their are queens as I would think I would have laying workers and drone brood if no queen. I've ran hygienic queen stock. If I lose these 3 hives I'll go back to treating with oa. This is my eighth year with bees with almost 50 hives a couple years ago. Too much work.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run all solid bottom boards and full sun exposure. I'm going to assume their are queens as I would think I would have laying workers and drone brood if no queen. I've ran hygienic queen stock. If I lose these 3 hives I'll go back to treating with oa. This is my eighth year with bees with almost 50 hives a couple years ago. Too much work.
Year 6 for me 10 hives was my max, 6 seems about right effort wise.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally seeing flowers on the sugar daddy peas. Now to hope the weather cooperates. Zero chemical use, fermented cow patty water, fermented plant water and worm water. I need to go fishing so I can make some fermented fish solution.

Attachments

• 20221211_130059.jpg
    20221211_130059.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The plastic cutting board I had became brittle and broke in two the last chicken havest. So with the endeavors coming up I needed a replacement. 2 coats of walrus oil and its sure looking good. Absolutely love all the knots.

Attachments

• 20221223_211401.jpg
    20221223_211401.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221223_211315.jpg
    20221223_211315.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Start counting your bees, the feathers on your chickens, and the weight on your veggies. The gubbermint needs to know.
24 pages and 36 sections. All to help you. 😁

Got mine in the mail last week. It's required by law to answer and return it. I didn't fill it in last year, getting lots of follow up emails about getting it done even though I replied I had been retired from farming for several years. Thet still send them though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The plastic cutting board I had became brittle and broke in two the last chicken havest. So with the endeavors coming up I needed a replacement. 2 coats of walrus oil and its sure looking good. Absolutely love all the knots.
Looks awesome! I have a new cutting board in my future as well. It will likely look like yours with lots of different hardwoods layered into it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom