Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, it's a reducing pipe flange that I welded a section of 10" pipe to and a platform on top.
The forge may also get used to melt the bucket of scrap brass that is cracked or not otherwise usable. The scrap yard won't take it as they think it will be dangerous or something, so it will get melted into an ingot.
Super cool on the forge can’t wait to see how well it works

fraileys in north Tulsa will take the culled brass but they really nail ya on price

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m thinking making the used brass into ingots should bring full price.
I guess the main reason I built it is because our last two winters in South Tx the wife got into glass fusing with one of our RV friends that owns a home in the resort we stay at as well as an RV has a very expensive electric kiln and does this stuff all the time. Invited the wife to learn the process and she was a natural.
Here is just a couple of the dozens of items she made. Mostly window ornaments. I’ll post more when it’s daylight and they show up better.

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

Also melting wine and liquor bottles to make charcuterie bases for serving cheese and sliced meats.

IMG_2343.jpg

There are forms that one can melt the bottles into that created them into bowls, or just roll the corners up for a different look.
Some of the liquor and wine bottles have designs cast into them that also make for an interesting creation.
It will be a fun thing. May play with building a knife or two but just out of curiosity. I'd like to learn Damascus. Love those blades.

Attachments

• IMG_2342.jpg
    IMG_2342.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished this chest of drawers for my girlfriend. The body is alder, the drawer boxes are basswood, the back and the small drawer bottoms are birch plywood, the large drawer bottom is Spanish cedar (my gf is allergic to cedar, so only the one drawer has it with her blessing), and the drawer fronts are nicely figured red oak. My gf insisted on the appearance being plain and straightforward with no embellishments, beaded edges, beveling, etc. I did get her to agree to some Arts & Crafts style drawer pulls, which I think give the chest more of a finished look.

I used strips of HDPE as drawer runners, and I used some furniture wax to smoothen out things a bit more. I’m not a fan of drawers rattling around, so I was pretty tight with the tolerances, with the amusing result that pushing shut the big bottom drawer causes one or more of the small drawers to pop out slightly due to air pressure ;)

CC1C8C8E-7234-4E93-9DFE-4DD5E2F380BE.jpeg

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished this chest of drawers for my girlfriend. The body is alder, the drawer boxes are basswood, the back and the small drawer bottoms are birch plywood, the large drawer bottom is Spanish cedar (my gf is allergic to cedar, so only the one drawer has it with her blessing), and the drawer fronts are nicely figured red oak. My gf insisted on the appearance being plain and straightforward with no embellishments, beaded edges, beveling, etc. I did get her to agree to some Arts & Crafts style drawer pulls, which I think give the chest more of a finished look.

I used strips of HDPE as drawer runners, and I used some furniture wax to smoothen out things a bit more. I’m not a fan of drawers rattling around, so I was pretty tight with the tolerances, with the amusing result that pushing shut the big bottom drawer causes one or more of the small drawers to pop out slightly due to air pressure ;)

View attachment 199038

Man, I like the looks of that! Excellent work!

Latest posts

Top Bottom