Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today’s project was to build a wall using paver blocks for a new flower bed.
My back is paying the price tonight.

IMG_2486.jpg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
~The darker brick are pavers from the streets of Guthrie. Well over 100 years old. Made in Coffeyville, KS.

This reminds me of a story about a wealthy fellow in Wichita who built a grand mansion. He sourced building materials from all over Wichita usually using 100 year old plus doors and windows, wood paneling from the old law library, and brick pavers from the streets in Cowtown. If you don't already know Cowtown is akin to our Stockyards City. The pavers would probably have worked as pavers but this man was a real brain. He used 100 year old Cowtown pavers as the bricks in his four huge fireplaces. I heard he fought the smell for about three years trying steam cleaning, bleach, odor eating chemicals, everything he could think of finally tearing down the fireplaces.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This reminds me of a story about a wealthy fellow in Wichita who built a grand mansion. He sourced building materials from all over Wichita usually using 100 year old plus doors and windows, wood paneling from the old law library, and brick pavers from the streets in Cowtown. If you don't already know Cowtown is akin to our Stockyards City. The pavers would probably have worked as pavers but this man was a real brain. He used 100 year old Cowtown pavers as the bricks in his four huge fireplaces. I heard he fought the smell for about three years trying steam cleaning, bleach, odor eating chemicals, everything he could think of finally tearing down the fireplaces.
My uncle before he passed built a house using Ponca City history. Bricks that were the original sidewalks for flooring, some saying do not spit on the sidewalks, doors from the old arcade hotel where former Governor EW Marland lived after losing his fortune, (the founder of Marland Oil that evolved into Conoco) Doors from another hotel where Lew Wentz lived after losing his oil fortune as well. Lew loved Ponca building golf courses, swimming pools, etc and donating them to the public.
Uncles home was a almost a museum of artifacts from the Ponca City history. Unfortunately it burned to the ground a few years after being built because of a faulty fireplace, and Uncle passed away a couple of years later.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife got home and wants another layer of pavers on top. This "flower bed" will not grow any actual flowers. More than likely a rock garden that requires zero maintenance. Maybe a cactus or two with some cow skulls or something.

Thought that might be a new 'food plot' so you didn't even have to walk to your deer blind.........

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today’s project was to build a wall using paver blocks for a new flower bed.
My back is paying the price tonight.

View attachment 205741

Wife got home and wants another layer of pavers on top. This "flower bed" will not grow any actual flowers. More than likely a rock garden that requires zero maintenance. Maybe a cactus or two with some cow skulls or something.

Dennis,

You are doing retirement all wrong. Us RV'ers are supposed to really miss out on the lawn work and landscaping.

Methinks you are hanging out with the wrong folks when you are out RV'ing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom