Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many moons ago, I cowboy'd.. Rode with Arthur Talmage aka Curly T, who broke and competed on Rey Jay, I also rode with John Hoyt, Bob loomis and some other lesser knowns.. Cuttin and reining.. Ponies are long behind nowadays..
Good ol Rey Jay, one eyed and all. He gave us Colonel Freckles. Probably one of my favorite horses was a son of colonel freckles.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Built a jig for bending spur heel bands yesterday. Today while up in Tulsa I swung by Northern Tool and picked up 4 pairs of vise grips for clamping bands to the jig. Ofcourse they didn't have 4 matching pairs and none had smooth jaws. These bands will be bent red hot so I don't want teeth marks on em. I modified one of the curved jaw sets this evening. I'll do the rest tomorrow. I'm making em where the jaws are tight and parallel when clamped on 3/8" thick material because that's the thickness of my jig and heelband combined.
IMG_3912.JPG
IMG_3914.JPG
IMG_3911.JPG
IMG_3908.JPG
IMG_3909.JPG

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice Job CowCatcher! I love the Attitude! I went to get the tool(s) I need, they didn’t have them, guess I’ll just make what I need!! Don’t get to see that gumption very often anymore!!

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the rest to God.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Roughed out and shaped some heelbands today. Next is to weld em to the shanks. Can't decide if I wanna mig em or work on other projects til I get a tig bought in a few days. I cut the heelbands out of a sheet of 3/16" 4130 steel. I tell ya what, it probably takes 3 times the force to bend em vs bending regular steel. They dang sure should hold their shape.
IMG_3916.JPG
IMG_3917.JPG
IMG_3918.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom