Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finished the fence for the other side of the house. Had to pull a post and add another 4x6 a foot or more over so I could install a wider gate (68” now). Made the hinges from some scrap 1/4 plate and barrel pin hinges. C67B463F-F97B-4ABA-9ABC-91F2D8B0494D.jpeg

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool idea what did you use for a finish? Did you dry the wood first to keep it from cracking. And they look about 3”-4” in diameter is that pretty close. ? Last question … do I ask to many questions.
I use tung oil covered with an oil based Polly. Wood was pretty dry already. These are about 4 inches. Yes :)

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hunter966, it's a 15" culvert pipe. I don't remember exact sizes but will keep it consistent. My ATV is 48" wide overall so I cut the culvert pipe at 40" but the axle is 48" overall. 4" on either side allows for 2 pillow top bearing to mount to the axle and frame(see pic). What I did was cut out a cardboard circle that fit snug into one end. Cut out a 1 1/2" diameter hole for the axle. I traced that onto some 1/2" plywood and cut it to fit. Once fit, I cut another for the other end. Since I ended up with about 3 1/2" of axle outside of each end, it fit nicely on some 4x4's when stood on it's end. Put the plywood in one end, stood it up, put in the axle then started adding concrete all the while moving the axle back so it stayed centered. I filled it with 400 lbs of quikrete and tamped it after each 100#. Put the other plywood cutout on once full and let it dry. Ended up being about 440 lbs total. Bought the 2" hitch and pillow top bearings from Northern Tool.
20210404_110356.jpg

Attachments

• Culti 1.jpg
    Culti 1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 57

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, another year another customer. The owl's eyes light up red and the cat's eyes are green. I used super bright LEDs and colored cellophane I heated with a heat gun and crinkled to stuff into the eye sockets. I made metal brackets to hold the LEDs so you can remove them and turn them on and off.

For my pharmacist.

Attachments

• spookies final paint and fit to single door.jpg
    spookies final paint and fit to single door.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 49
  • LEDs w 1-2 inch screws and 1-4 inch ground clamps2.jpg
    LEDs w 1-2 inch screws and 1-4 inch ground clamps2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 52
  • tree with purple led.jpg
    tree with purple led.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited: