Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not near as creative as what CW has going on but here's a mess of panels I produced in last weeks cold.. Snap lock panels and the house their going on.. Portable unit where we can run your panels on site, or run in house and box for pick up..
IMG_20190208_143321.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190205_100926.jpg
    IMG_20190205_100926.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 127

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Roughed out and shaped some heelbands today. Next is to weld em to the shanks. Can't decide if I wanna mig em or work on other projects til I get a tig bought in a few days. I cut the heelbands out of a sheet of 3/16" 4130 steel. I tell ya what, it probably takes 3 times the force to bend em vs bending regular steel. They dang sure should hold their shape.
View attachment 132376 View attachment 132377 View attachment 132378

Looking good CW, you plan on making several rowel designs ?

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice work, but I'm not sure why ya want to use such high-strength steel.

Sheesh, how much ankle-power does a cowboy have?

Your call. :drunk2:
Less likely to get smashed around your heel. I've had leg hung in a chute with a cow and when that heel band starts clamping down it hurts. Then when ya get out of the jam, your spur is clamped to your foot.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome work on the spurs Cowcatcher. Just curious as to what determines if you use the two piece design vs the one piece.
The foreman here at the ranch wanted to build those one piece spurs. Two piece are definitely easier and most likely what I'll build mostly.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Less likely to get smashed around your heel. I've had leg hung in a chute with a cow and when that heel band starts clamping down it hurts. Then when ya get out of the jam, your spur is clamped to your foot.
Big difference between mild steel and an axle... :D

I'm good with whatever ya wanna go with. Again, your call.

You da man. :drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom