Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Got a heads up on the location. Love to get some of the Apache Tears.
We could always find them growing up in Safford. They will be kinda gray/white and almost always a roundish shape. The outside looks like a limestone crust but it doesn't come off. They either go in a tumbler or you break them in half. We would practice lapping with them. Some will be in good shape with no crust if they're in/around a wash or a creek or something like that.

As far as where in the superstitions, you just gotta go hiking around.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We could always find them growing up in Safford. They will be kinda gray/white and almost always a roundish shape. The outside looks like a limestone crust but it doesn't come off. They either go in a tumbler or you break them in half. We would practice lapping with them. Some will be in good shape with no crust if they're in/around a wash or a creek or something like that.

As far as where in the superstitions, you just gotta go hiking around.
I'll have to check with our neighbor for location. He was hiking on one of the trails, looking for old gold mines when he found a whole sack full. He said there was more to be had but he couldn't carry them all.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have to check with our neighbor for location. He was hiking on one of the trails, looking for old gold mines when he found a whole sack full. He said there was more to be had but he couldn't carry them all.
Sometimes we'd stop in there on the way to the valley from Safford on the Globe highway and piddle around. I haven't been in there since like 1980.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes we'd stop in there on the way to the valley from Safford on the Globe highway and piddle around. I haven't been in there since like 1980.
We were up in Globe a couple of days ago. on the way back we hiked to the Dacite Cliffs mine. They welded bars across it to keep people out but someone cut one of the bars so we went in.
Made about two hundred yards when the phone battery was getting low and we were afraid of running out of light, so we backed out and left. Thats where I found the rock to make the knife handle. It was in the sluff that had been blown up and removed from the mine in the 1800's.

62F426B6-EB94-496C-8837-9FE74EC7E8B8.jpeg
976E7DEA-B874-4860-A31B-EFD0DBADDC79.jpeg

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were up in Globe a couple of days ago. on the way back we hiked to the Dacite Cliffs mine. They welded bars across it to keep people out but someone cut one of the bars so we went in.
Made about two hundred yards when the phone battery was getting low and we were afraid of running out of light, so we backed out and left. Thats where I found the rock to make the knife handle. It was in the sluff that had been blown up and removed from the mine in the 1800's.

View attachment 250141View attachment 250142
That's cool but I stay away from those old mines. They're trouble. The bars are to keep you from being on the news 👀

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen one of those in a Woodcrafters catalog of projects. Man, I hope yours turns our as nice as the one in the catalog. Absolutely beautiful when done.
I’m playing with the color, trying to get it where I like it. The die gets darker as it cures. The first one I made was basically black until it hits the light, then the blue comes out. I want to make a tabletop, but don’t want to screw up a big project because the color is wrong.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been needing a band saw for cutting metal but, I'm low on available floor space. So, I bought a cheap portable one and made it vertical.View attachment 250279
I really need to do something like that with my portable bandsaw. It's nice to be able to take it to where I need it, but it'd also be nice to have a stand for more precise cuts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom