Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I may have messed up. My wife saw em and said, "Ohhhhhhh, I thought you HAD to have a tig welder cuz a mig welder wouldn't work?!" I said, "Well, see these lil slag "bb's" everywhere?" She then hit me again with "You bought the fancy 2x72 for grinding and it seems to take care of em fine. ". I'm still gonna get a tig but I'll have to be sharper on how I play this I need a new tool game in the future!
I get the same line of questioning.
How many guns do your need?
I don't "need" but two to be honest, but I'll never transmit that info to the blushing bride. In my way of thinking, I "need" a turkey gun, duck gun, a deer rifle, a SD rifle, a long range rifle, a heavy caliber close range rifle, a competition rifle, a rifle for small game, pistols for SD, small game, large game, varmints, competition, and since they are all mechanical by design and can break, I'll need a backup for each.
That's my line of thinking, so obviously we disagree.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get the same line of questioning.
How many guns do your need?
I don't "need" but two to be honest, but I'll never transmit that info to the blushing bride. In my way of thinking, I "need" a turkey gun, duck gun, a deer rifle, a SD rifle, a long range rifle, a heavy caliber close range rifle, a competition rifle, a rifle for small game, pistols for SD, small game, large game, varmints, competition, and since they are all mechanical by design and can break, I'll need a backup for each.
That's my line of thinking, so obviously we disagree.

Sounds vaguely familiar.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today after lunch I decided to build me a quench tank for quenching knives. My heat treat oven will be here Monday so it was time to get a tank built. I saw a tank very similar to this offered at a knifemaker supply for $99. I've got lots of scrap 4" sq tubing and a new tig so building instead of buying was a no brainer. It's 18" tall. It should be a 1 gallon quench tank. Atleast that's what the guy selling em claimed. His had a handle on each side which meant you had to use two hands to move it. I made a swinging handle as you can see. This was a fun 2hr project. Even recycled an old hinge.
IMG_4024.JPG
IMG_4025.JPG
IMG_4026.JPG
IMG_4027.JPG
IMG_4028.JPG
IMG_4029.JPG
IMG_4031.JPG
IMG_4032.JPG

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And this evening I went out to my leather shop and built a leather sleeve for my tig torch hose. I'm sitting here debating if I want to roll it inside out to hide the stitches. Opinions?
IMG_4038.JPG

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That hurt! That little barb on the top had to be a biatch. My 25’ plasma lead has a leather cover but it snaps on.
I considered snaps as I've seen covers that way. It was faster to sew it rather than set that many snaps. But, it did take longer to install it. If I didn't always try to complicate things, like rollin the seem to the inside, I coulda just sewn the cover with it folded over the hose. It looks nice and clean like this. In my opinion. It's just a 12 1/2 foot rig. A 25', I might rethink doing it like this.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I considered snaps as I've seen covers that way. It was faster to sew it rather than set that many snaps. But, it did take longer to install it. If I didn't always try to complicate things, like rollin the seem to the inside, I coulda just sewn the cover with it folded over the hose. It looks nice and clean like this. In my opinion. It's just a 12 1/2 foot rig. A 25', I might rethink doing it like this.
I like your way of thinking. If your gonna make it, Make it right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom