Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made a couple of 12-gauge drawer/cabinet handles. 
pulls (1).JPG
pulls (2).JPG

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not very impressive but practical. I 3D printed loaded moonclip cylinders/holders. I have 2 9mm revolvers that of course use moon clips and just wanted a neater way of carrying them in my pocket or storing. I rarely carry a revolver, but still needed a neater way to contain loaded moon. You can see I upgraded from old prescription bottles. :-)
5181636C-1F85-41A1-BB55-E7E3D3E2AEA9.jpeg
5BD9720C-CAAA-4E29-86EE-9C0AD9B10705.jpeg
AC63B401-85EC-4F43-A082-8589CBEDE467.jpeg

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today I finished modifying my shop hoist, so I use it to pick up heavy objects like my lathe or mill that are against the wall. I put the bucket on there to show where my counterweight will go. It still folds up small.
Innovative, but unless you pick 'em up often, I'd leave it assembled the other way until needed.

Just my 2¢ ...
___

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Won't that take a gigantic amount of counter weight?
I'm not sure how much weight it will take. I have an empty 55-gallon drum that when filled with water should be plenty at 8 pounds per gallon. I will leave the hoist turned this way because I plan on putting a DRO on my lathe. I'll need to be able to drill and tap the back side of the lathe. So, the lathe will need to be moved away from the wall. I don't plan on pulling any car motors anytime soon.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much weight it will take. I have an empty 55-gallon drum that when filled with water should be plenty at 8 pounds per gallon. I will leave the hoist turned this way because I plan on putting a DRO on my lathe. I'll need to be able to drill and tap the back side of the lathe. So, the lathe will need to be moved away from the wall. I don't plan on pulling any car motors anytime soon.
Are you still liking the PM lathe?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the electronics upgrade done on the 3d printer, now I can control it from anywhere and view what the print is doing via camera. It even has a AI feature that will detect if the print goes wrong and stop it, I'm moving up in the world.
View attachment 242724

The thing in the upper left corner is a Raspberry Pi computer that is the controller and the camera is in the bottom middle.

Project after that was the Soviet moon rocket, the N1. Flew four times and blew up all four, before they abandoned the project. My wife thinks I'm crazy for printing a failed rocket, but hey it's history.

View attachment 242725
My Ender 3 Pro arrived a couple of days ago. I had no idea how much fine tuning I'd need to do in order to try and complete a test print.

Latest posts

Top Bottom