Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oak, cottonwood, blackjack, black walnut

It varies, at times. Sometimes pecan, red cedar. Just depends on what they can get.

Some oak species are nice for river pours, but I don’t know if I’d try black jack. It can be difficult to work with, but the results could be nice. Black walnut is always good and I like working with it, but it can be expensive. Pecan would be an interesting species to try in a pour!

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Slabs of what? I hope you also checked the price of epoxy for pours. It’s hideous, and one reason why I added river stones!
IDK if it's the same place, but I saw a FB ad for live edge walnut slabs over near Comanche/Cache that calculated to about $3.50 a bd ft. That's a lot of work and probably 30% waste or more for woodworking but for a bar or cool table or something, it's a pretty good price.

Charlie S

Marksman
Reaction score
I finally get to share! I’ve been sitting on some oak pews for a while and I decided to put them to use. I built another chair just like it and I have one more to build.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 16

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IDK if it's the same place, but I saw a FB ad for live edge walnut slabs over near Comanche/Cache that calculated to about $3.50 a bd ft. That's a lot of work and probably 30% waste or more for woodworking but for a bar or cool table or something, it's a pretty good price.

Depending on the species and thickness, that could be a very good price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom