Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally getting started in the 3-D game! I’ve had this printer since summer, however, I just have not had the time to sit down and play with it. I’ve been doing a lot of trial and error and watching of YouTube videos for the last two weeks, and I finally was able to get this thing to produce some prints that looked good, now I need to go find some more interesting files and start experimenting. :-)

Edit. Thank you @mgssamn for all the help and answering my many questions

Attachments

• 0E7E12DB-777C-470E-A56C-A692CB06806C.jpeg
    0E7E12DB-777C-470E-A56C-A692CB06806C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally getting started in the 3-D game! I’ve had this printer since summer, however, I just have not had the time to sit down and play with it. I’ve been doing a lot of trial and error and watching of YouTube videos for the last two weeks, and I finally was able to get this thing to produce some prints that looked good, now I need to go find some more interesting files and start experimenting. :-)

Edit. Thank you @mgssamn for all the help and answering my many questions
I'll be getting into that game next week when my printer is delivered. Hopefully it won't have me pulling my hair out too much because I don't have any to pull. 😁 😁

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be getting into that game next week when my printer is delivered. Hopefully it won't have me pulling my hair out too much because I don't have any to pull. 😁 😁
I am not gonna lie, at my age; this ”learnin” stuff can be very frustrating. I am far from an expert, however I think I finally starting to grasp things. The next big thing for me to dig into is the slicer software. I really need to understand the lingo and settings. What kind of printer did you order?

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not gonna lie, at my age; this ”learnin” stuff can be very frustrating. I am far from an expert, however I think I finally starting to grasp things. The next big thing for me to dig into is the slicer software. I really need to understand the lingo and settings. What kind of printer did you order?
I ordered an Anycubic Kobra Neo. Actually got it in today, a full 2 days early shockingly. Assembled it this afternoon and started printing as soon as I could. Got about a third of the way through the test print owl when I looked up and noticed that it had come unstuck from the print bed and I was now just printing spaghetti. After that, I tried again with a simple snowflake print and that actually came out all. Tried the test owl again and couldn't get it to adhere to the print bed at all. Gonna have to give it another shot tomorrow. 😁

What printer did you get set up with? And what slicer are you using. So far I've been messing around with Cura and it seems to be fairly understandable. Of course, as always, youtube is my friend. 😁

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered an Anycubic Kobra Neo. Actually got it in today, a full 2 days early shockingly. Assembled it this afternoon and started printing as soon as I could. Got about a third of the way through the test print owl when I looked up and noticed that it had come unstuck from the print bed and I was now just printing spaghetti. After that, I tried again with a simple snowflake print and that actually came out all. Tried the test owl again and couldn't get it to adhere to the print bed at all. Gonna have to give it another shot tomorrow. 😁

What printer did you get set up with? And what slicer are you using. So far I've been messing around with Cura and it seems to be fairly understandable. Of course, as always, youtube is my friend. 😁
Try washing the bed plate in soapy water and drying with alcohol. My Prusa has a bed plate similar to that and that is what it takes to get things to stick sometimes.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I picked up a voxelab aquila x2 that was highly upgraded from a member here. I am running the Prusa slicer and playing with cura as well.
For me the big challenge was getting my z offset correct so things would print and I could avoid the endless spaghetti affect :)
You need to post some pics of your setup and prints!

Latest posts

Top Bottom