Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This may be just me. but I found using 91% alcohol content- Isopropyl alcohol is superior for 3d beds versus the lesser 70% content bottles. I rarely have adhesion problems anymore. really never did on pla, but on pteg is good always now. If you are printing PLA with a heated bed and you arent sticking you dont have a clean bed or your printer head is too high likely. Assuming you are using a smooth bed with pla.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I tried the soapy water and that didn't seem to do the trick, so I tried the 91% alcohol and that didn't seem to do anything helpful either. I adjusted the bed temp from 60C to 65C and adjusted the Z offset to .04 and so far it seems to be adhering and printing. We'll see how well those changes work in about 5 hours. 😂 😂

As for the prints and setup, this is what I have so far:

This was my first test print of the owl, minus the spaghetti farm that it produced when I wasn't looking
20221213_101705.jpg

This is the skull snowflake I printed next (needs a bit more cleaneup:

20221213_101657.jpg

And this is my temporary setup for the printer. I plan on putting it on it's own table after Christmas. I just have to get the Christmas tree out of it's future home first.

20221213_101717.jpg

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I tried the soapy water and that didn't seem to do the trick, so I tried the 91% alcohol and that didn't seem to do anything helpful either. I adjusted the bed temp from 60C to 65C and adjusted the Z offset to .04 and so far it seems to be adhering and printing. We'll see how well those changes work in about 5 hours. 😂 😂

This was my first test print of the owl, minus the spaghetti farm that it produced when I wasn't lookingView attachment 328484

View attachment 328485

And this is my temporary setup for the printer. I plan on putting it on it's own table after Christmas. I just have to get the Christmas tree out of it's future home first.

View attachment 328486
first layer set up is most important part of process. so this thread doesn't get to a technical thread- I pm'd you.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This was my first test print of the owl, minus the spaghetti farm that it produced when I wasn't lookingView attachment 328484

View attachment 328485

View attachment 328486
Sometimes during winter, you do have to up the bed temp. Mine isn't as touchy since I have it in an enclosure.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I seem to have gotten my printing issues figure out finally. Apparently I didn't have the z axis adjusted even close to enough. I spent about 3 hours Saturday running calibration prints and adjusting things and finally got it seemingly dialed in. Now I can actually give a flying f*&k. 😂 😂 (although, this was actually printed BEFORE I had things adjusted properly, but it seemed fitting.)

20230103_100003.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom