Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pshhhhtt, I just give them babies a bear hug and flip em on my shoulder.
Don't drop it. My old boss I had for a summer job in high school didn't put the cap on an oxygen bottle that was mounted on the side of a truck. When he threw it onto his shoulder he got it too high and it went over his back with the valve down.
Fortunately, it only cracked the valve and it spun on the floor for a looooong time before running out of gas.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a kid in high school thought he could use his foot to kick it and steer it like the delivery guy. It went through the concrete block building plowing a furrow into the ball diamond and ended up in the backstop 400' from the shop.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a co-worker who was on an aircraft carrier in the Navy. He said it was quite the show when someone dropped one on the flight deck, busted the valve off and it rocketed down the deck. Miraculously, it missed everybody and everything before flying overboard.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know and have not seen this personally, but our safety department posted a flyer that said that the gas in an Oxygen bottle could propel it 1/4 mile.
I'm sure it would have to be a clean break with all the gas exiting directly behind the bottle.

I can believe that.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those bottles are no joke. In auto body class in high school, the instructor told us he worked a 1/2 block from a gas cylinder supplier. They had a issue one day and there were "quite a few" cylinders going down the block. Funny as hell to hear him tell it, but I'm sure it was terrifying to be there at the time. They can get sporty for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom