1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Random stuff you have made

Discussion in 'Photo Album' started by gfercaks33, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Russ

Russ Sharpshooter

Well I don’t know if this counts but I made end grain cutting boards for family members. They were made from maple, walnut and cherry. Oh yes there was a few pieces of purple-heart that were left over from another project. Truth be told I probably made more sawdust than anything else. 3C82C4EE-E641-4627-AAA1-EB472DA8E9FE.jpeg

D. Hargrove, bigred1, dlbleak and 9 others like this.
  2. MacFromOK

MacFromOK Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Definitely counts IMO. Those are cool. :thumb:

3. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I think the animal rights folks have pretty much done away with the prods. Now there is a big flyswatter to strike them on the butt.
    Been at a couple of auctions and the swatters is what they used.

D. Hargrove likes this.
  4. Cowcatcher

Cowcatcher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Prods/hot shots are still available. Those rattle paddles like you're talking about are pretty handy.

D. Hargrove likes this.
  5. beastep

beastep Sharpshooter

Framed up a 30x50 this week. Had to make a boom to get the trusses high enough. Just so you know if you build a 30x50 with just 2 people and you're the only one that can weld your ass will be wore out. 20190419_175158.jpg 20190420_165442.jpg

D. Hargrove, DRC458, blake711 and 2 others like this.
  6. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    HAHA! your right. I built a 12'X16' outbuilding from sections of 1 1/2" electrical conduit that was in lengths of 34". Drop from a project at the place I worked at. Threaded on one end, so a union could be used to get 68" with no welding. Built the trusses, walls, etc by myself.
    I'll take a pic of it tomorrow.
    Your project exceeded mine by a great magnitude!

blake711 and Cowcatcher like this.
  7. beastep

beastep Sharpshooter

Id like to see that.

8. Cowcatcher

Cowcatcher Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Wife wanted a chicken tractor. She had her lumber list figured and wire already here. I vetoed her material choice and sent her to get 2x2 square tubing and expanded metal. She got home about 5:30 this evening with the materials and cooked us some strip steak sandwiches. Then we went to shop and started the project. We made decent headway this evening. The chicken hut goes on the end without expanded metal. There will be a large door in it for cleanout purposes. There will be a few nesting boxes in the hut with exterior access for egg collectibacations. The hut/box will be elevated about 16" off the ground. There will be a drawbridge type ramp to shut the chickens in of a night. There will be a 2' wide entry door on the end opposite the chicken box. I think I've got some lever operated wheels designed in my head for mobilfacation of the unit. Probably gonna have a tin roof and I haven't decided for sure on the chicken box material. Exterior dimensions wound up being 5' wide, 11' long and 4' tall. Box will be about 3'x5'x32"tall
    IMG_4406.JPG IMG_4407.JPG IMG_4408.JPG IMG_4409.JPG

9. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Some old garden tractor tires would make good rollers. I've got 4 on rims still holding air I'd give you for that project. Took them off a mower we wore smooth out. Put the 18 hp Kohler engine on the log splitter, and scrapped the body, keeping the wheels, and I think the axles for the front two are still there as well.
    Always thought I'd use them for some project, and it's never gonna happen.

Cowcatcher likes this.
  10. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Uuuhhh...

...you might want to build in an "escape route." Wife and daughters might someday decide you need to stay in said cage.

SdoubleA and Cowcatcher like this.