Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I don’t know if this counts but I made end grain cutting boards for family members. They were made from maple, walnut and cherry. Oh yes there was a few pieces of purple-heart that were left over from another project. Truth be told I probably made more sawdust than anything else.
3C82C4EE-E641-4627-AAA1-EB472DA8E9FE.jpeg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I don’t know if this counts but I made end grain cutting boards for family members. They were made from maple, walnut and cherry. Oh yes there was a few pieces of purple-heart that were left over from another project. Truth be told I probably made more sawdust than anything else. View attachment 135366
Definitely counts IMO. Those are cool. :thumb:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the animal rights folks have pretty much done away with the prods. Now there is a big flyswatter to strike them on the butt.
Been at a couple of auctions and the swatters is what they used.
Prods/hot shots are still available. Those rattle paddles like you're talking about are pretty handy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Framed up a 30x50 this week. Had to make a boom to get the trusses high enough. Just so you know if you build a 30x50 with just 2 people and you're the only one that can weld your ass will be wore out.
HAHA! your right. I built a 12'X16' outbuilding from sections of 1 1/2" electrical conduit that was in lengths of 34". Drop from a project at the place I worked at. Threaded on one end, so a union could be used to get 68" with no welding. Built the trusses, walls, etc by myself.
I'll take a pic of it tomorrow.
Your project exceeded mine by a great magnitude!

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife wanted a chicken tractor. She had her lumber list figured and wire already here. I vetoed her material choice and sent her to get 2x2 square tubing and expanded metal. She got home about 5:30 this evening with the materials and cooked us some strip steak sandwiches. Then we went to shop and started the project. We made decent headway this evening. The chicken hut goes on the end without expanded metal. There will be a large door in it for cleanout purposes. There will be a few nesting boxes in the hut with exterior access for egg collectibacations. The hut/box will be elevated about 16" off the ground. There will be a drawbridge type ramp to shut the chickens in of a night. There will be a 2' wide entry door on the end opposite the chicken box. I think I've got some lever operated wheels designed in my head for mobilfacation of the unit. Probably gonna have a tin roof and I haven't decided for sure on the chicken box material. Exterior dimensions wound up being 5' wide, 11' long and 4' tall. Box will be about 3'x5'x32"tall
IMG_4406.JPG
IMG_4407.JPG
IMG_4408.JPG
IMG_4409.JPG

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some old garden tractor tires would make good rollers. I've got 4 on rims still holding air I'd give you for that project. Took them off a mower we wore smooth out. Put the 18 hp Kohler engine on the log splitter, and scrapped the body, keeping the wheels, and I think the axles for the front two are still there as well.
Always thought I'd use them for some project, and it's never gonna happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom