Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonewatie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, i made some random stuff too.... loading up some cast 300gr in 45/70 and they were seating off center just a bit and bulging one "side" of the case so i turned me a new powder through expander plug (left) to replace the factory lee (right) and my problem went away.
c7bd857a527e573676568c3bf4430d6c.jpg
e4994dd48527e4bc17cda99672c8874b.jpg

Sent from my WIENER using Tapatalk

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are correct. He just ranches for the tax deduction.
I dunno about that but I do like ranchin for a livin cuz I can pretty much do something different everyday if I want most of the time. Hay season in the summer is about the only time I’ve got to get up and do the same thing day after day. I’m also very fortunate to work for a place that has a nice big insulated shop. I buy my own tools for the most part but having a nice warm dry place to use em to work on things that don’t really benefit the ranch is a blessing.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, i made some random stuff too.... loading up some cast 300gr in 45/70 and they were seating off center just a bit and bulging one "side" of the case so i turned me a new powder through expander plug (left) to replace the factory lee (right) and my problem went away.
c7bd857a527e573676568c3bf4430d6c.jpg
e4994dd48527e4bc17cda99672c8874b.jpg

Sent from my WIENER using Tapatalk
It’s a good feeling to be able to solve your own problems aint it. Someday I’m gonna get me a lathe. Just a little one I reckon.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got 5 knives cut/ground out today. I was really trying to tighten up on my waste material as you can see. I slid the next pair further apart lengthwise so I could use my porta-band the hole way instead of having to work the jewelers saw some more. I’m actually getting the hang of runnin it which will come handy when I start cutting out silver work. 3 of them are O1 tool steel and 2 are 1095 steel.
45F5BDCF-D158-468F-9C6E-DF87B28F480D.jpeg
7383C6BD-CD8C-41BA-9002-07B5B9771AAA.jpeg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So I decided to see if I could add leather work to crap I do in the evening to keep me out of trouble.
Not near at Cowcatcher level but I am on my 3rd project and learning (mostly figuring out what does not work)/
leather projects.jpg
Case on the top is the knife my son bought me for Christmas and the one one bottom is a knife my son has, Have to go to Tandy and get a brass button to finish it. Long way to go but I am figuring it out .

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya well maybe not but I want one as well!! :cool:
I got ya. I’ve been debating for a year on if I wanna stamp my “mark” and some sort of serial number or if I wanna get an etching setup. The etched stencils look much cleaner and stencils can be changed but idk. Good stamp vs etching setup is about a wash money wise. I’ll probably just get a smaller letter/number set than I currently have and stamp my “JS” and a three digit serial number for a while. It’s really not necessary but at the same time I know I like seeing the makers marks on the stuff that I’ve bought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom