Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once upon a time when I was getting started shoeing horses I bought a cheap anvil at a feed store type place. I soon realized I had bought a cheap anvil. Edges were breaking off and top was far from flat. It actually had what seemed like bondo in the low spots and a metallic looking paint job that made it appear flat until I started hammering shoes on it. Good anvils are sure nuff expensive but they last a long time and are flat which is important. There’s a place down there around OKC somewhere that usually has a stack of anvils on Craigslist.

Last edited:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Considering the price of actual anvils, this is what I'm currently looking for. You'd think those things are made of gold or something. Basically looking for an ALT, anvil looking thing. [emoji38] [emoji38]
If for some reason you don’t find a piece of rail local and want to drive East of Tulsa, I may know a guy who has some in various lengths and a gas axe to make it shorter.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made a taller auxiliary fence that slips over the factory fence on my table saw. The “squeeze bolts” that I turned on my lathe went into this auxiliary fence, three on each side. They’re accessed through the three larger holes along the lower side, same on the other side; I can screw each pair in/out as needed to adjust the auxiliary fence to be square to the TS blade. The tall part of the fence bolts onto the auxiliary fence and can be removed if I’m not working with stock that needs to be stood on edge (like for tenons). It came out pretty well, I think. Heavy, though!

B2629117-80C6-4F6A-9E04-DDEBC2A80EC1.jpeg

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Repurposed some baler belts, I don't recall which one of you men I have to thank for the baler belt suggestion BUT Thank you.. 26 pairs 2View attachment 152487
x12 and some odd sizes to make use of all rubber.. I now have target hangers galore and I'll likely hit the shop again so that I can acquire a lifetime of target straps.. Good corded rubber that should take a lickin and keep on a ticken.. Now to poke some holes and go do some chootin..

another used for the rubber baler belts is as a workbench top. I have had one on my primary work bench for years and they are tough as hell pound, drill, cut, whatever and they never were out. Can be cleaned with a couple of squirts of hand cleaner and a rag.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a guy that could use a short piece of that rail road track. ;)

no kidding I bet there is a pretty good market for 6-10” pieces of railroad track. I have a 3-4” piece now and it works but is a little small for some stuff. I would buy one as long as it did not hurt the grandkids college fund to bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom