Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should be overran with eggs?
We have tons of eggs and had incubator running at full capacity for the last couple months which is 270 chicken eggs at a time. They are on there way home from the swap now. They said they sold $400 worth of chicks. They also mentioned they aren’t bringing any new animals home. Last swap they came home with 3 guinea pigs!

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have tons of eggs and had incubator running at full capacity for the last couple months which is 270 chicken eggs at a time. They are on there way home from the swap now. They said they sold $400 worth of chicks. They also mentioned they aren’t bringing any new animals home. Last swap they came home with 3 guinea pigs!
Soo, how did the guinea pigs taste!?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here we go again! It ain’t cuz the other 5 we’ve built ain’t still good! Today we will build chicken “coop” #7 due to herd expansion and breed sorting. They headed to a chicken swap this morning to sell a bunch of stock they’ve hatched and the youngest daughter and I went to the lumber store. Screws are still expensive.

If they keep this up, they will be multi-million-whatevers and you will be in tall cotton. Won't have to work and will have plenty of time for shooting....

....either the firearms or "the bull."

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last week we built a porch for the end of my house. Yes it’s all smooth steel. The deck will get an outdoor rug laid on it and I’ll probably put some of that stick on grippy stuff on the stairs. The deck is a 10’ by 7’ 6” concrete form. It’s been laying out here for about 50 years I’ve been told. It came from when they built the dam southwest of Inola. I guess they were giving em to anyone who’d haul em off. It’s wayyyyyy overkill but it had no other use and I needed a lil porch. The legs are scrap pipe we had laying around. The stairs are scrap 8” cee purlin we had laying around. The railing is the only part that I’d actually paid cash for. Sooo, the materials cost about $30. Build and paint took maybe 4hrs. I’m not sure what 2 quarts of rustoleum cost cuz I didn’t buy it. This porch will last a while. Oh and there was a quick trip to urgent care for stitches involved when a cutoff wheel exploded. The fella operating it took a pretty good whack to his fingers. I hate cutoff wheels in grinders but sometimes they are the best option.
8613E0BA-5EED-4E9A-9987-32D05E05E376.jpeg
07E40755-6D1A-4EA5-B5AB-B9D8DD0075E6.jpeg
5E53EAAE-263E-49D4-9067-C005323E84FF.jpeg
DE363EC3-4FA3-4E7F-B6A8-16B7AD9D5C6E.jpeg
42C2416D-E846-4BA1-BF07-36B49C1F59BF.jpeg
D78BE37D-7F90-49F5-B9E1-F77C201CED0A.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is so long I didn’t want to look back.
Built this debris fork years ago for clearing limbs.

Recent winds brought down some trees. Moved the entire tree in one move to a permanent burn pile that never seems to get smaller even after burning.

093f183b28cf66ca16a24524e7c62857.jpg

c42cab7b9c36a64fda61d3e7cf6d1dd2.jpg

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How did you get the pattern. Is the wood oriented so the top is end grain? That is a very nice cutting board.
Yes, the wood is oriented for an end grain board. Basically I started with rough lumber (walnut and hickory) that I bought off a guy on Facebook that mills his own lumber. I jointed and planed it smooth and into consistent thicknesses and then glued the walnut and thin strips of hickory on edge into one big edge grain board. Once they were glued, I ripped the edge grain board into 2" wide strips, flipped those to orient the end grain to the face and then rotated every other strip 180 degrees to stagger the pattern. I was going for a sort of brick pattern, but without the "mortar" joint between the strips.

Latest posts

Top Bottom