Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife just finished this purse thingy. It’s got hair-on hide top and a Pendleton wool inlay. I guess that’s the new thing.
2DDB6C68-5C2D-4D41-A59A-BBD3FF9D8089.jpeg
FFE8BBD1-B038-4E54-BC3F-E351AAB6D2D0.jpeg

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice! Did you design and build this from scratch? What will you use it all for?
Thank you very much. I’m proud of them so far. My wife thinks I’m in the garage drinking bourbon and listening to music most of the time, but she can’t fathom the amount of work to do this stuff for the first time.
Yes; designed and built all from paint grade plywood and 3/4” poplar, with a 1.5” thick mdf top with Red oak edging. The uppers and lowers were built for that 11ft alcove in our new home. It’s my first real dive into cabinet making. It’s I’ve always found that lower shelves cabinets were a real waste of space so I went all drawers. The bottom ones have 300lb drawer slides and will fit 50 cal ammo cans so I have a place for loaded ammo and heavy components. The top two rows will hold tools And the others, mostly gun and reloading stuff. I will get one of those detachable plate setups for my dillon, cause I don’t think reloading is that much of a necessity for me right now. The desktop is good for a computer and precise kinda work. That’s my favorite height for working on guns. Be nice to have separate drawers for holsters and stuff. I’ve been getting into woodworking a bit and so I’ve gotten some of those tools too. That hobby is as deep a rabbit hole as firearms, I’m finding out. good wood and hardware isn’t cheap these days, but it’s a whole lot sturdier and Perfect for the space compared to buying prefabbed kitchen junk from a box store.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That hobby is as deep a rabbit hole as firearms, I’m finding out. good wood and hardware isn’t cheap these days, but it’s a whole lot sturdier and Perfect for the space compared to buying prefabbed kitchen junk from a box store.

You’re telling me! I don’t want to think how much money I’ve sunk into woodworking in the past couple of years, on top of welding and whatnot. But it’s an enjoyable journey, I tell myself.

I’m impressed, you did a great job with that cabinet layout.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You’re telling me! I don’t want to think how much money I’ve sunk into woodworking in the past couple of years, on top of welding and whatnot. But it’s an enjoyable journey, I tell myself.

I’m impressed, you did a great job with that cabinet layout.
All it takes is time, and measuring instruments!

Latest posts

Top Bottom