Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Careful. It's addicting! Rehabbing old iron is too. This is out of a vo-tech and was rode pretty hard.
I got lucky and found it's even a single phase! Couldn't say no to that.

View attachment 181445

Lots of stoning on the table and other things. New bearings (good ones, not Chinese) and I got runout down to well under .001".
View attachment 181446 View attachment 181447

Mostly complete in this pic. It now wears a Porter Cable 892 in an Incra Cleansweep dust collection housing and I've fabbed a dust collection "box" for the saw too. Still need to spring for a router lift to go with the Wonderfence (not pictured) but it's workable as is, just slower dialing the depth in.
View attachment 181448
Whitton Supply is a great place for used shop tools. They really stepped up when My Milwaukee drill crapped out.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lacquer sucks. And I think I need to get another gallon. Looking at probably 4 coats
image.jpg
image.jpg

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. It'll seal the wood and just about every finish known to man (wood finish that is) will stick to it, especially if you are spraying.
I’m using a pre cat lacquer. It made for a good sandable first coat. My complaint is the fumes and the whole process. It’s not something I can jump in and do for a couple hours at a time like if I was brushing something

Latest posts

Top Bottom