Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife got home and wants another layer of pavers on top. This "flower bed" will not grow any actual flowers. More than likely a rock garden that requires zero maintenance. Maybe a cactus or two with some cow skulls or something.

If there’s dirt in the bed, you’ll be pulling weeds next year!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If there’s dirt in the bed, you’ll be pulling weeds next year!

Landscape cloth on top of the dirt, then a layer of what most folks call river rock that is actually glacier ground rock with smooth edges.
Maybe a skull or two with some driftwood to accent it. Work in progress for a zero maintenance area since we aren’t home much

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today’s project was to build a wall using paver blocks for a new flower bed.
My back is paying the price tonight.

View attachment 205741

Did you have to pack them in yourself or able to get them on a trailer or side by side?
One of the dumbest things I ever agreed to do was help build a retaining wall between the Kaw Indian offices and the Kaw City Bar in beautiful Kaw City. It was 325 feet long and the face of the slope was 54 feet high. It was made from concrete 16”x36”x 4” blocks. Had to carry them from the parking lot around the offices and down between buildings. Every return trip back my arms and fingers would cramp? It was about 100 yards. That was 32 years ago and I think I’m still sore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you have to pack them in yourself or able to get them on a trailer or side by side?
One of the dumbest things I ever agreed to do was help build a retaining wall between the Kaw Indian offices and the Kaw City Bar in beautiful Kaw City. It was 325 feet long and the face of the slope was 54 feet high. It was made from concrete 16”x36”x 4” blocks. Had to carry them from the parking lot around the offices and down between buildings. Every return trip back my arms and fingers would cramp? It was about 100 yards. That was 32 years ago and I think I’m still sore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Arctic Cat 4 wheeler with a dump bed on it. The blocks were installed around an elevated deck I built around a hot tub 30 years ago.
The hot tub is gone and the deck wood has reached its life expectancy.
Load 15 blocks into the dump bed and back up to the new location. I would have used the tractor and front loader but would have to cross septic laterals.
Have since added another row to the top. It needed it.
Deck demolition is next.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Set the posts yesterday and hung the fence today. I had to make the door.

Used the leftover to "fence" in the front porch,

20210521_201036.jpg 20210522_154228.jpg 20210522_154246.jpg 20210522_201032.jpg 20210522_200145.jpg 20210522_200448.jpg

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a pretty random thing I made....Raining for days so I drilled mounting holes in the reloading bench and installed threaded inserts. Then mounted the Dillon 550 to a piece of walnut and made walnut wing nuts to attach the mounting board to the bench. This will allow quick tool free removal/installation. I put the press on the shelf under the bench opening up bench space for other projects. Also made a press handle with cut offs from a cherry/maple cutting board.
72FC51EF-5CD4-4E9C-BC7F-24ED9052895E.jpeg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom