Random stuff you have repaired.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let us know how the rebuild kit from eBay works out and maybe a link to the specific item. I bought a couple cheap Chinese rebuild kits from eBay and was not pleased with the results. They were very “sloppy” or loose feeling. Yeah, they worked okay but I am always worried that when I put a load on them they will slip or fail. These were bad enough that I almost reused the old internals.
I ordered a NOS craftsman kit, so it was USA made. Cost all of $11 and change and fit like it was made for it.... cause it was lol. No way I wasn't putting it back to factory spec, hell I even ordered a new kit for the matching 1/4" I have and it just came in this morning. The only reason I am even doing them is the rubber O rings dried out and its leaking grease out of and not staying lubed very well.

3/8
https://www.ebay.com/itm/404296984328

1/4
https://www.ebay.com/itm/385649441515

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or you could use a butane-powered soldering iron. Mine (a Bernz-O-Matic, IIRC) includes a curved shield that's super handy for heating heat shrink tubing. I don't recall it being particularly spendy, and it's a heck of a lot more convenient than dragging an extension cord across the garage or driveway to do repairs on automotive wiring.
That would be good, but I can't find the accessories for my torch set. The kids played with it one day, and I've not seen it since. Youngest is mid-20's now. Haven't needed it, but would be nice to have.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That would be good, but I can't find the accessories for my torch set. The kids played with it one day, and I've not seen it since. Youngest is mid-20's now. Haven't needed it, but would be nice to have.
Dang kids. I would never have lost any of my dad’s tools or accessories, oh no, not me…

Latest posts

Top Bottom