Random stuff you have repaired.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now I'm working on repairing this mess.
The rotten wood is getting replaced with pressure treated lumber and it's all getting sprayed with um, let's say "old school" termite killer.
View attachment 290721
View attachment 290722View attachment 290723View attachment 290724
View attachment 290725
You need to get the old school stuff in the ground where the termites live. A product that may turn out to be better than the old stuff is Termidor. My shop had repeated termite infestations about every two years, using the legal replacement for the old stuff until my guy used Termidor. At least seven years later, no new termite signs.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getting there.. was able to reuse the larger sheets of plywood. Now to fill in and trim out the window bay.

20220731_181726.jpg

Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This SOB watch has been fighting me for two weeks! All it took was inventing a few new curse words and threatening it with death at 100 yards with a 6.5 Creedmoor and it is now finally running! Seriously, this one taught me a lesson in patience!

It's been running for about 45 minutes. I put a full wind in it and will let it run for about 24 hours and will re-adjust as needed. Case parts are still on the way so it won't be finished for a bit, but mechanically it is finally sorted out.

Timegrapher.JPG

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trike #2

This one kicked my butt I think because I chose a poor spraypaint.

Never use the primer and paint in one can.

I sanded it all down to bare metal wiped it with a degreaser and thinner to remove all the greases and oils and used a filling primer and a self etching primer and some of it still didn't stick in places. I also waited weeks to go over some of the paint with a high clear coat gloss and the paint bubbled up in places. Grrrrr! Sanded it down and repaint. Several times!

western flyer picture.jpg

The owner wanted the original non metallic wine red and cream paint.

Yeah, those grips were white under the crud. So were the pedals. I was sanding it down and found pinstripes under the crud on the fender!

Holes in the seat were repaired with JB Weld after I made them bigger trying to weld them shut.

trike 2 seat.jpg

trike 2 seat bondo.jpg

Trike 2 1.jpg
Trike 2 2.jpg

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
trike 2 parts.jpg

While putting it all together last week...

trike 2 ooops.jpg

1663653937237.png

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

I swallowed hard and taped the painted parts back up then degreased the spot, primed it. and built up spray paint for a week and a half finally sanding the ridges after filling that hole completely with paint layers. I only sanded twice and painted two final coats. which the results were as if it never happened.

1663654035953.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom