Range Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was beautiful at the range this afternoon. Had the opportunity to shoot my new pistol -- I was looking for a Thompson and found this:

IMG_0943.JPG

Had an excellent time.

Shot rimfire today also:

IMG_0940.JPG

Thompson is a 1927A3 .22lr.

I modified my Advantage Arms Glock 26/27 ( The lower is from a Glock 39 -- .45GAP) magazines with pinky extensions doesn't feed very well with a full magazine, flawless with the Glock 19 magazine with the A-Grip.

Advantage Arms Glock 17/22 kit (The lower is from my Glock 37 -- .45 GAP)

I bought a Kimber Ultra/Compact .22LR conversion for my Kimber 9MM Ultra Aegis -- it didn't like the GECO German ammunition.

SR22 shot everything!

IMG_0941.JPG

Again excellent Day !!!

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the SR22, don't care for the magazine disconnect safety -- It is easy to shoot, easy to load, shot everything fed it and very easy to clean. I wanted to hold out for the 4.5 inch barrel version. I have not shot or even held the 4.5 inch barrel, so really don't know if it would really make a difference. I bought my SR22 used, I don't believe it was shot much at all -- I sure enjoy it !@!!!

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought mine from guy in Pryor, OK.

Guy in OKC has one he wants to trade on armslist:

http://www.armslist.com/posts/95816...--auto-ordnance--thompson-model-1927-a3--22lr

Thompson made about 5,000, in West Hurley, NY, in the Early 80's

My understanding is the gun usually comes with one of 3 different types of magazines:

1) Is a .22lr magazine welded in a 20 or 30 stick Thompson magazine that uses the left side magazine release. (guy in OKC has this setup, I believe this is the factory setup?)

2) I have the 30 round banana magazine that fit into an adapter ( I believe this was made by Numrich)

3) There is a guy in Iowa, that makes a 50 round drum magazine out of a Puma PPS 50 round .22lr and adapted it to the Thompson but he wants $250 to make this setup.

The Black Dog Machine conversion magazine does not work in a 1927A3, they list this guy, Dan Block in Iowa, who builds the stick magazine conversions. I talked to him on the phone, he said he builds the stick magazines for around $100 (just the Thompson .45ACP magazines are $50) and he is the one that builds the drum magazines also.

http://blackdogmachinellc.net/thompson-22-conversion-magazine.aspx

there are 2 on Gunbroker:

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=Thompson 1927a3

I was very lucky to find mine, I wasn't really looking till I saw it on Armslist, Right place, right time!!!

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used my knife (should of use my small screwdriver, I get in a hurry most of the time!) to dig the FTE rounds that stuck in my Glock 26 conversion, the extractor gets dirty, sometimes the rounds get hung up. My knife is just like my American Express card, "Don't leave home without it"!

Latest posts

Top Bottom