1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Range fees

Discussion in 'Gun Club/Range Talk' started by rickm, Sep 13, 2019.

1. rickm

rickm Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have a range opening in the near future, it will be a outdoor range, pistol and 100yd rifle and i would say just the bare minium necessities is what i figure. But was wondering what the normal fees are for this type of ranges, I have never been to a range, usually just shoot in a pasture but since this one is close am considering joining but dont know if i would get enough use out of a membership to pay the fees. So was just wondering what others are having to pay.

2. swampratt

swampratt Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I was paying $10 for each trip to the range and was given 1 paper target and a staple gun to use to stick the target to a wooden backstop.
    Last time I went the range was taken over by new people and it cost me $17 I will never pay that again just too much for 1 day of shooting but many people pay it. I just needed to sight in 1 gun and only fired 5 shots and was done.

I drive to a WMA range and shoot for free which costs me less than 8 bucks to go there and back in fuel costs.

As far as a yearly membership to a range I have no idea.

3. SMS

SMS Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I pay roughly $17 a month to be a member of a club with multiple ranges and facilities. Archery, high-power, shotgun, pistol bays, etc. It is even less if I put in a workday and get dues credit.

4. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Our range fees at the Ponca City Rifle and Pistol club are $80 per year.

5. rickm

rickm Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Like said it hasnt opened yet so havent checked out what they will supply but they are advertiseing $30 a month or $300 a year for a single membership have no idea on the daily fee and they are thinking on a senior discount but havent heard anything on it either. I dont have the time right now for a monthly or yearly membership so waiting to see what their daily fees are but i thought they was just alittle high on their membership.

6. Aries

Aries Sharpshooter

Supporter
    The only outdoor range I'm familiar with charges $10 a visit, all day if you like. No membership fees, that's just the charge for anyone.