Range Finder Recommendations? 1000 YDish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple of the Leica crf1600 and they are great but for the money I like my Sig Kilo 2200 better. It will reliably Range much further than the Leica.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have a place to shoot lol...I need a range finder like a device that tells me the distance to an object.
If your looking out to 400 yards on a furry critter, I have one to sell you cheap. If your looking to go out to 1000-2400 yards, get a Sig. The distances for a reflective object that is ranged is twice what a furry critter will range with the same device.
I've ranged a barn at 2400 yards and then drove the distance and it was as exact as my odometer.
They also do the ranging for bowhunting where your shooting up to a 45 degree angle uphill or downhill automatically.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know what sucks about the fishing reel.
The center spool is tiny and the reeling of the line back in takes forever and it is a lot of walking ..and slow walking until you get to 400 yards.
Back in the day, I used a 100' tape measure, and some flags like surveyors use out to 500 yards. Worked really well and was totally accurate. Nothing wrong with going simple.

Latest posts

Top Bottom