Range Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve28105

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm new to OKC and getting back into shooting after having some medical issues holding me back from the sport in my earlier days. Soliciting some guidance on the best places to shoot that will allow both outdoor shooting and steel cased ammo (not that I want to, but want to know my options with the current ammo situation). Any recommendations based on those two criteria?

Open ended on shooting distance, so long as rifle is allowed.

Thanks in advance,

Steven

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Steve. Pretty hard to beat the OKCGC. There are ranges at the hunting areas that require a hunting g license to use. There is also Sears shooting range that used to be called Banner road range. It’s near I40 and banner road.
https://www.okcgunclub.org/

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome.

As @dlbleak mentioned, The OKC Gun Club (from what I've been told) is a great place. I've sent my application in and awaiting new membership meeting etc. Until then, Sears Shooting Sports in El Reno is my go to. Ryan doesn't care what you shoot as long as it's not bird or buck shot from a shotgun. Steel cased is no problem here. All outdoor, covered and on concrete with benches. If it rains, the target areas and the road in can get gnarly. If you have tracer or 50 BMG, I would check first. Never asked about either

Pistol is 5/7/10, Rimfire is 5, Rifle/Pistol 50 and Rifle 50/10.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm new to OKC and getting back into shooting after having some medical issues holding me back from the sport in my earlier days. Soliciting some guidance on the best places to shoot that will allow both outdoor shooting and steel cased ammo (not that I want to, but want to know my options with the current ammo situation). Any recommendations based on those two criteria?

Thanks in advance,

Steven
Welcome to the forum. What part of OKC are you located in?

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Hello!

Thanks in advance,

Steven
Canadian gun range out near El Reno is one of the best, only one RSO and lots of new shooters that have zero clue about range safety.

Saturday I was there and we had multiple people walking out to a target on a live range!

Get there early! Like around opening time and stay till about 1pm and you should be OK.

Steve28105

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Canadian gun range out near El Reno is one of the best, only one RSO and lots of new shooters that have zero clue about range safety.

Saturday I was there and we had multiple people walking out to a target on a live range!

Get there early! Like around opening time and stay till about 1pm and you should be OK.
Noted, thanks for the info! I suppose I'll buy some plates and carriers just in case I show up late :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom