Range rep Boyd stock Ada

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my fore end grip and target grip from Boyd's yesterday and installed. Fore end is much larger and solid fit for bi-pod. Target grip is great. More like a pistol grip. Going to a friends long range tomorrow after church. Been looking forward to stretching it out to 600 yards but going to do a few at 100 first on paper. Ready to float barrel using a dowel and sandpaper and will do that tomorrow evening.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Send pics pardner, ya got me interested in this little shooter.
First pic is the darling at the range with hunting grip and fore grip.
The rest is pic's I just took with the new grip and fore grip.
Boyd 2 rap.JPG
Boyd 1 with new grip.JPG
Boyd 2 with new grip.JPG
Boyd 3 with new grip.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spent the day yesterday, floating my Boyd stock. Just used a little sandpaper around a socket and then just my index finger. Took my time and got it. Might recheck and apply some sealer where I sanded but not sure I need it for a laminate stock.
Gave up on my buddy's range because he's still working on it, missed the mandatory members walk through for renewing my membership at the Ada Rifle club (so that's out), couldn't open one of the gates on sisters place so I just went to a local pistol range that's pretty rough and not set up for 100 yards.
Set my target on a barrel and moved my truck out in the high grass behind the covered shooting area, 100 yards back.
Dropped the tailgate. Set Up my Caldwell shooting bags (front and back) on the tailgate. Tried to get a good base to shoot from but I was standing bent over the tailgate trying to steady myself. First two shots were great (center and just center high left). Other two shots were just finishing out the mag and because of my legs and body position, movement was a problem but I'll take it. Didn't care about those.
That little sanding of the stock made a huge difference and oddly, I felt it when I pulled the trigger. I think the tiny natural rotation of the barrel was not transferring to the stock after floating. Maybe this is just me making crap up, but I think I felt the difference.
Only shot these 4 rounds because I'm now eat up with chiggers. Jumped into a bleach bath when I got home, and that should do the trick.
Going to have to figure out a solution to the mag setting with the bolt closed. Seems to want to only fully set (loaded with 4 rounds) only when the bolt is open. I'll figure it out.
Creed floated 6 25 17.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom