Range Report: CZ 455 .22LR Standard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Great guns. I’ve got the 452FS in 22 mag. It’s one of my favorite rifles to plink with. It’s even taken a coyote or two. That is the best looking standard stock I’ve seen. The walnuts can vary greatly. Some come with beautiful Turkish walnut burl and some are kinda plain.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All right, rimfire fans, get yourself over to the "gun club/range talk" or whatever section and check out the "Groundhog Day Rimfire Jamboree" thread. Twenty-twos only, but there will be some good ones there for any and all to shoot.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree. Interesting that the difference between this one, a Standard, and the more expensive Lux, is the stock. It's Beech and the Lux is Walnut. The thing is, this stock is really nice looking and every Lux I've seen is much more bland. I guess Walnut is probably better wood.

We just had a custom Farmhouse Table made out of Walnut. This pic is the rifle laying on the table. (Don’t let wife know please). The maker told me that walnut was the most expensive wood he could buy to make furniture from, in quantity anyway. It’s very hard wood. Hope it can stand up to the grandkids pounding on it with knives and forks. That same cost factor probably translates to rifle stocks as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
919a2a73f71aafd06a4ea9baa94602d0.jpg

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I agree; this Standard is purty but she shoots even better than she looks.

If I’d known you were meeting up with Ronny I would have given you $400 to pick up that 4 inch 617 for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom