Range Report: Gen 4 Glock 19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up my new Gen 4 Glock 19 with factory night sights yesterday from the fine fellows at Sooner State Pawn. I wanted to make sure it functioned properly before I added it to the duty roster, so I took it to the range and ran some FMJ and a box of mixed HP rounds through it to make sure it functioned. Guess what? It did. Surprise, surprise, surprise. Boringly reliable; as expected. One thing I noticed; it seems to have a much better stock trigger than other new out-of-the-box-stock Glocks I've had and shot over the course of a few years now. Maybe Glock has done some improvements on the innards or maybe I just got lucky? I measured it on my trigger scale and it breaks at 5.5 lbs. just like it says on the label. The reset seems better too, very crisp. I was actually pleased with it, I don't think I'm going to mess with an aftermarket connector on it; I'm thinking it 's fine just as it is. Oh it's no 1911 trigger, for sure, but I'm pleased with it.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice. Of course it worked perfect, its a Glock. Im curious as to what some of your other factory glock triggers measured at using the same scale?

Well, darn it, so am I, but the only Glock I have now that I have used this same scale on is my G43; and it started out life at about 7.5 lbs (as best I can recall). It is much nicer now with the Ghost Edge Connector and a little careful polishing; it's right at 4.5lbs now and crisp. This new Gen 4 G19 just seems to be a better trigger than previous G19 pistols I have owned before. Maybe it is; maybe it isn't; or like I said earlier, maybe I just got lucky with it. My 1911 trigger is also at 4.5 lbs, but it is still totally different. I'll be bringing both, and the scale, to the ENS so maybe you will get a chance to shoot both and see for yourself what a 4.5 lb Glock trigger feels like compared to a 4.5 lb 1911 trigger.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like my Gen 4 Glock 19 too. Trigger is great ... gun is reliable and accurate ... can be cleaned on the top shelf of the dishwasher. What's not to like other than it is not a SIG P220, Browning Hi Power or Colt 1911?!?

MasterMacBayter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a huge issue with a grey frame gen4 glock 19. I had changed connector and all the springs prior to shooting it lighten trigger pull. Thought id got a bad batch of springs so i took it all back to stock springs. Same issue. Fire the first round and never on the second. Seemed to be not resseting the trigger. I even switched back to a gen3 firing pin assembly i had. Still same issue. Got pissed. Cleaned the entire slide assembly with alcahol and reassembled. Once again same issue. I could eject the round and put it back in the chamber and fire it perfectly. Using monarch ammo. Winchester white box cured all my problems.....

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a huge issue with a grey frame gen4 glock 19. I had changed connector and all the springs prior to shooting it lighten trigger pull. Thought id got a bad batch of springs so i took it all back to stock springs. Same issue. Fire the first round and never on the second. Seemed to be not resseting the trigger. I even switched back to a gen3 firing pin assembly i had. Still same issue. Got pissed. Cleaned the entire slide assembly with alcahol and reassembled. Once again same issue. I could eject the round and put it back in the chamber and fire it perfectly. Using monarch ammo. Winchester white box cured all my problems.....

So let me make sure I understand...you changed the connector and all the springs prior to shooting it? Do you know what the trigger pull was before you changed everything out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, darn it, so am I, but the only Glock I have now that I have used this same scale on is my G43; and it started out life at about 7.5 lbs (as best I can recall). It is much nicer now with the Ghost Edge Connector and a little careful polishing; it's right at 4.5lbs now and crisp. This new Gen 4 G19 just seems to be a better trigger than previous G19 pistols I have owned before. Maybe it is; maybe it isn't; or like I said earlier, maybe I just got lucky with it. My 1911 trigger is also at 4.5 lbs, but it is still totally different. I'll be bringing both, and the scale, to the ENS so maybe you will get a chance to shoot both and see for yourself what a 4.5 lb Glock trigger feels like compared to a 4.5 lb 1911 trigger.

I was just curious as to how much may be perceived difference since its a gen 4 and the the reach to the trigger is shorter. But its always surprising how different each individual one can be no matter the gen. I have a couple that you may be interested in checking out yourself although I have no access to a trigger scale and any guess as to what they would pull would only be an uneducated guess.
One has a Kineti-Tech shoe and polished bar, #6 trigger spring, LW "-" connector, and LW trigger housing with adjustable overtravel stop. Its fantastic in my opinion.
Another has Kineti-Tech shoe, polished bar, #6 trigger spring, factory connector since I really like this particular one feels, LW trigger housing with adjustable overtravel stop.
Of course my G42 has a "-" connector and I have a LW UAT to put in it, I just havent gotten around to doing it yet.
All of them have polished internals. A person that knows what their doing can really make the trigger feel however they want.

MasterMacBayter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So let me make sure I understand...you changed the connector and all the springs prior to shooting it? Do you know what the trigger pull was before you changed everything out?

Correct. I bought the ghost inc kit. Eventually i changed back to the gen 3 trigger bar. I like the slim frame of the gen four with no palm spacer but do not like the large bump in the trigger pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom