Range Report: Gen 4 Glock 19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a huge issue with a grey frame gen4 glock 19. I had changed connector and all the springs prior to shooting it lighten trigger pull. Thought id got a bad batch of springs so i took it all back to stock springs. Same issue. Fire the first round and never on the second. Seemed to be not resseting the trigger. I even switched back to a gen3 firing pin assembly i had. Still same issue. Got pissed. Cleaned the entire slide assembly with alcahol and reassembled. Once again same issue. I could eject the round and put it back in the chamber and fire it perfectly. Using monarch ammo. Winchester white box cured all my problems.....

I really don't mean to embarrass you here, but your problem was not that you got a bad Glock, a bad batch of springs, nor was it a bad batch of ammo that you used. I'm 99.9% sure your problem was that you put it back together wrong. What I am saying is I'll bet that the spring on the slide lock lever was on top of the locking block pin, not under it as it should be. I'm betting what you did was put the trigger pin in first maybe, instead of the locking block pin. The locking block pin has be the first pin you put back in. That's because the spring on the slide stop lever has to be installed so that that spring is underneath the locking block pin or else you will have a single shot gun. Once you have the locking block pin and then the slide lock lever in, then you put the trigger pin in to hold it all together. I promise you; if that slide lock lever spring isn't under the locking block pin, you will darn sure take a long, long time going through a box of ammo at the range! And you're gonna get real tired having to feed it one at a time. Oh it will fire, one round at a time, but it won't reset.

MasterMacBayter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Youre possibly correct, but it was far from my first glock and also far from the first glock ive had completely taken down. Stock frames and lonewolf frames. Not to mention when i got tired of changing parts and switched ammo and nothing else, it was perfect from then on out. So its possible you could have been correct the first time it was reassembled if i was in a hurry and not careful, but not likely considering how it all worked out.

Last edited:

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have noticed my new 19 in battle field green seems to have a better trigger put of the box than of the other 30ish glocks I've had.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Says the guy with all the fancy, pretty boy holsters...

Quality leather; always a good buy. And I can always find something to match my shoes. By the way, how about posting a pic of that new BFG pistola? I wanna compare it to an OD one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have noticed my new 19 in battle field green seems to have a better trigger put of the box than of the other 30ish glocks I've had.

Those battlefield ones are beautiful. I may try to mix that color one day myself.

The Gen 4 have a barely different trigger bar which some people claim provides a little better trigger and some say it hurts. I've never tried the two in the same gun so I really cant say.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those battlefield ones are beautiful. I may try to mix that color one day myself.

The Gen 4 have a barely different trigger bar which some people claim provides a little better trigger and some say it hurts. I've never tried the two in the same gun so I really cant say.
I have had tons of gen4's and this one for some reason feels different. I usually get a colored glock then trade it because I don't like it. I actually like this color.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quality leather; always a good buy. And I can always find something to match my shoes. By the way, how about posting a pic of that new BFG pistola? I wanna compare it to an OD one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have to see it in person. I will try and get a decent pic of it later. It photos weird.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I changed my trigger and trigger spring on my G4 19 soon after purchase. Hated the trigger feel and pull.
Reduced the trigger pull (noticeably) but don't have a gauge to test it. Only problem I had was with the trigger housing pin that I had put in incorrectly (has to be put in at the correct depth and I'm an idiot) and it shimmied out during firing.
Made sure no one noticed, fixed and never any more issues. I can't remember the online shop but I think it was Glockmeister

Latest posts

Top Bottom