Range Report: Gen 4 Glock 19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually use
I changed my trigger and trigger spring on my G4 19 soon after purchase. Hated the trigger feel and pull.
Reduced the trigger pull (noticeably) but don't have a gauge to test it. Only problem I had was with the trigger housing pin that I had put in incorrectly (has to be put in at the correct depth and I'm an idiot) and it shimmied out during firing.
Made sure no one noticed, fixed and never any more issues. I can't remember the online shop but I think it was Glockmeister

I'll bring my trigger pull gauge to the ENS so you can check. I usually use www.Glockparts.com for parts, RSAs, springs, pins, etc. They ship most small items for like $3.00 and they are pretty fast.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I changed my trigger and trigger spring on my G4 19 soon after purchase. Hated the trigger feel and pull.
Reduced the trigger pull (noticeably) but don't have a gauge to test it. Only problem I had was with the trigger housing pin that I had put in incorrectly (has to be put in at the correct depth and I'm an idiot) and it shimmied out during firing.
Made sure no one noticed, fixed and never any more issues. I can't remember the online shop but I think it was Glockmeister

What trigger and springs did you use?

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have to see it in person. I will try and get a decent pic of it later. It photos weird.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Well, yeah, I'd like to see it in person...you oughta bring it over and let your old good buddy check it out. Oh; by the way; you photo weird too.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What trigger and springs did you use?

I know this question was not directed to me, buy I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in anyway ; IF I do decide to change mine out on this new Gen 4 19, I will change to a Glock OEM (-) connector and a 6 lb competition trigger spring from www.glockparts.com - that combo, along with about 20 cents worth of the 25 cent trigger job should give me just about a 4.5 lb pull and a nice reset. We shall see...I do admit that I like tinkering though; but I'm not getting near anything like the feed ramp with a dremel! A Glock does not need such nonsense, all a Glock really needs is a quick cleaning, a light lube, and lots of ammo to eat. All mine have had voracious appetites.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this question was not directed to me, buy I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in anyway ; IF I do decide to change mine out on this new Gen 4 19, I will change to a Glock OEM (-) connector and a 6 lb competition trigger spring from www.glockparts.com - that combo, along with about 20 cents worth of the 25 cent trigger job should give me just about a 4.5 lb pull and a nice reset. We shall see...I do admit that I like tinkering though; but I'm not getting near anything like the feed ramp with a dremel! A Glock does not need such nonsense, all a Glock really needs is a quick cleaning, a light lube, and lots of ammo to eat. All mine have had voracious appetites.
What did you do to the trigger other than the drop in? I've read where people do this and that to the trigger to smooth them out, but I don't have the guts to take a dremel to anything I'm not ready to screw up because of stupidity.
Would like to smooth out two of the triggers on two different guns (ones a glock) but have not touched them.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thats a good combo. You can really pick and choose what you want your trigger to feel like after you figure out exactly how each piece works. 1 of mine has a lot of work done, 1 has a moderate amount, and 1 only has a connector change for now. Im completely sold on Kineti-Tech shoes and LWD trigger housing with adjustable overtravel. Man the one in my Timberwolf is absolutely perfect for what I like.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What did you do to the trigger other than the drop in? I've read where people do this and that to the trigger to smooth them out, but I don't have the guts to take a dremel to anything I'm not ready to screw up because of stupidity.
Would like to smooth out two of the triggers on two different guns (ones a glock) but have not touched them.

I would be more than glad to help you out. I have done a ton of them. I have a $10 pos Harbor Freight "dremel" that I use just for that purpose because its slow and weak.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be more than glad to help you out. I have done a ton of them. I have a $10 pos Harbor Freight "dremel" that I use just for that purpose because its slow and weak.
Thanks. My glock and Cz are my go to guns and love them both. Not sure what to do to with the CZ other than putting in a couple hundred dollar trigger job (not gonna do).
I'll get back to ya. Going to take the Glock out today and shoot today to remind me what I feel with the pull.

Latest posts

Top Bottom