Range Report: Sig P365

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Big Boys today with @surjimmy to work out our new Sig P365s - actually we started off the day shooting some full auto!
:fullauto:Mike, the owner there, let Jimmy and me shoot his full-auto Thompson Sub-Machine gun. That, ladies and gentlemen, was fun! Then we got down to serious bidness: Checking out the Sig P365 pistolas. We shot Win 115 gr, Fed 115 Gr, Fiocchi 124 gr, Win 124 Gr NATO, and finished with some Gold Dots in the 124 +P flavor after the guns were hot and dirty. Nary a hitch; not a malf one. They ran great. Accuracy...welp, I need some work; the gun is so small, to me, it was challenging, but I got more used to it after several mags, and was at least minute-of-bad-guy good.:gun2:

Conclusion: I think I like it. No, I do like it. I do. Good enough to buy a holster or two (or five). The gun is surprising in that even though you know you got that many rounds in the tiny thing, it just doesn't seem realistic that you can keep pulling the trigger and it keeps going bang. But it does. I need to get a 12 round mag now. Jimmy has one and I like the extra pinky room. I think I will carry with the 10-round extended mag in the gun and have the flat base mag as my back-up until I get the 12-rounder, then we'll see. It will all depend on mode of dress, more than likely, as I like to remain concealed and avoid printing. Not that the thing is gonna print much, except in the summer maybe, in a speedo and a tight tank top.

So I'm happy with it; and I'm glad I got one. We did see some evidence of primer drag, but you know what? I think a lot of small pistols can exhibit that, and mine (and Jimmy's) are both late 2019 builds so I'm gonna say the steel striker will not break on brass. And I'm going to just keep saying that over and over...Anyway, after we were done, I tore it down completely to give it a good deep cleaning, and my striker channel was quite heavy with factory grease; that may have been slowing things down a bit so I cleaned it out really well. Next range trip will show whether or not that might have been a factor.

Nice pistol; it's well built, the quality is evident and the poly parts mate up well with the steel parts. The sights are fantastic. The grip is where it's a bit small for me, so I may put a Hogue hand-all or a piece of old bike inner tube on it...we'll see. If you're on the fence, you oughta give this gun a shot.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have it on good authority(Mary) that Joel is quit a site in a speedo. A Horrible Abomination to Man Kind, but a site none the less.
I think the word is more curious, then jealous. I want to know how you get your Man Boobs to sag down to your ankles, not even 80 year old women can do that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom