Range Report: Sig P365

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have about 300 rounds thru my P365, the only issue I had is the backplate slipped down once at the range and wouldn't let the slide return to battery. I pushed the backplate back up into position and haven't had any issues since.
P365.jpg

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have about 300 rounds thru my P365, the only issue I had is the backplate slipped down once at the range and wouldn't let the slide return to battery. I pushed the backplate back up into position and haven't had any issues since.
View attachment 144101

One of the fellows I shoot with had that same thing happen not long after he bought it. He didn't notice the backplate out of position when he was looking it over, but I saw it when he handed it to me to look at. Once that was fixed the gun has worked well for him.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That backplate is held in place by a pretty strong amount of spring tension, I suspect it wasn’t pushed up in the groove far enough to lock. I can’t see how it could just slip down unless it’s badly cracked or broken inside somehow. I’d field strip it then remove the Backplate to check it. It’s quite easy; if you can do that to a Glock, it’s basically the same process. If you can’t; YouTube can show you how. Or you could have a gunsmith or Sig armorer check it out.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
S&W 3953 is an excellent pistol. I have a single stack 4053 that I'd give up only under duress.
But I checked out a P365 SAS a couple of days ago at SportsWorld in Tulsa and I gotta have one.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered a TT Gunleather KX Lightweight IWB Holster for my Sig P365 today. I used this model holster for my G43 for a couple of years and like it very much. It’s a good holster for the smaller guns especially, IMO. It rides a bit lower than the Sparks VMII, and I prefer a low ride, so...TT Gunleather. I almost went with a UBG Striker instead, as it’s about half the price of the TT Gunleather, but this little Sig deserves a top shelf holster so that’s what it’s getting.

I have used a UBG striker before and my only complaint with it is it did eventually wear a hole in my pants where the clips rode. The clips on the KX Lightweight are an entirely different kind and won’t cause the holes in yer britches problem. I’ll of course post pics when it gets here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
How does it compare size wise to the Glock 43? In particular the bottom of the grip to the top of the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How does it compare size wise to the Glock 43? In particular the bottom of the grip to the top of the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I tried to find a silhouette comparison for just those 2 models but didn't have any luck. The one I found compared about 4 or 5 different micro compacts and just made it to busy to follow all the lines.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom