Range Report: Walther PPK/S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alrighty then; got to the range today and shot my new to me Walther (Interarms) PPK/S in .380ACP. She runs flawlessly. I put about 100 rounds through it, mostly Fiocchi 95 Gr FMJ, but including a few various JHP rounds. She fed and fired those JHP rounds just fine. For some reason, I just really like these pistols. Yeah, I know, big and heavy for a .380, limited capacity (7+1) etc. But so what? I don't suffer the slide bite so many others seem to get and the gun just points naturally for me. I got this one from @carready, it's in pristine condition too, and he still has one left, my pistol's identical twin. It was a hoot to shoot! I like the weight, I like the look, I like the way she shoots, I likes me some PPK/S pistolas!
67c2120151a0643d661951189e29c3d1.jpg

9031641db29ca48f78d9598978b5032a.jpg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The PPK/S is one of those pistols that always intrigued me, but for practical purposes, I never really looked into owning one. I've picked them up before (damn heavy!) but never fired one. I figure with all that heft, the .380 cartridge should recoil about like a .22LR.

Maybe someday I can afford a PPK/S along with a Browning Hi Power. That's another pistol that always sparked my interest.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my favorite pistols. I have owned three or four of them, loved them except for that little pile of fat on my hand between thumb and finger. After the first mag, I have two very precise slits shedding a bit of blood. I'll put up with that for a few months, and then traded each one off, only to buy the next one a few months later. Maybe a diet would help...

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got one I’ve owned for years and never fired. I need to remedy that! Joel and jimmy, I’m surprised they let you guys out, especially to go play with firearms!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The PPK/S is one of those pistols that always intrigued me, but for practical purposes, I never really looked into owning one. I've picked them up before (damn heavy!) but never fired one. I figure with all that heft, the .380 cartridge should recoil about like a .22LR.

Maybe someday I can afford a PPK/S along with a Browning Hi Power. That's another pistol that always sparked my interest.

Actually, they have more recoil than many think, despite being an all steel pistol, because they are a blow-back design.

Latest posts

Top Bottom